August 2011 Moms
Options

Do u use a restaurant high chair now?

Do you put a blanket or anything in it to help hold them up?  Does your little one still topple over at times on the floor while sitting?  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: Do u use a restaurant high chair now?

• Options
    We just started using the high chair. he used to sit on my lap. We always put a cover in it though. I am not a germophobe, but those things are always sticky.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We do use the restaurant high chairs now, but only for the last month or so. We have a combo shopping cart/high chair cover that we use to help give him a little more cushion, but he's a pretty confident sitter. He rarely topples over anymore while sitting on the floor unless he's doing it on purpose.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Round 1, C 18 months =) Round 2! TTC #2, Cycle 1 image Oversharer extraordinaire:Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes.  I have a cover, but it makes lo slide down so I usually don't use it.  Instead I wipe it down with 1000x wipes
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My MIL gave us a great "butt sticker:" it's made of rubberized webbing and has ties on the back to secure it to the high chair. Lifesaver!
  • Options

We started at about 6m.  We use the covers mostly because they rarely clean the restaurant high chairs and they're super nasty.  While I'm cool with him coming into contact with germs, that's one of the few places I draw the line. 

At first, I used the covers also to help him have a place to lean and to help hold him in the chairs if they don't have the front divider (some don't).  They also make it a lot easier to contain his binky and puff dropping messes, which makes our clean up faster.  I do my best to not leave a mess as I believe it's important to teach my child to show respect in public places and to learn that we clean up after ourselves.  He sits quite well by himself and is able to put himself into a sitting position from laying down.  That last part only started last week though. 

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    We started using restaurant high chairs just before 6 months. We have a high chair cover that we use with it because I am grossed out by the potential germs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, he can sit up in their high chairs completely without any support or help.  I don't use a cover either b/c we do BLWing and it's just way too messy and distracting to include a cover.  I actually like restaurant high chairs better than our old home one...so much so that I threw the spacesaver we had into the garage and got the $25 one from Ikea that is similar to what restaurants use.  Much better for our lifestyle.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes.

The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options
    Yes, with a cover, but DS is way too active so it never lasts long:(
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageheathlyn9:
    We do use the restaurant high chairs now, but only for the last month or so. We have a combo shopping cart/high chair cover that we use to help give him a little more cushion, but he's a pretty confident sitter. He rarely topples over anymore while sitting on the floor unless he's doing it on purpose.

We got one of these. It is a great investment, because LO likes to chew on the black straps on the high chair, and with the cover, he only can chew on the straps that come with the cover, not the ones that go on the high chair, so I know he is the only one who has chewed on them. :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

yep, he loves being a big boy at the table.

He sits up fine in them, but I keep the highchair/shopping cart cover in the car in the event of a gross-looking chair. I just have DH hold him and run out and grab it if we need it. You can attach a few toys to the loops on it too, which helps a lot.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageSarahPLiz:
    We just started using the high chair. he used to sit on my lap. We always put a cover in it though. I am not a germophobe, but those things are always sticky.

This only we've been doing it for a few months.  Our LO was able to sit up on his own pretty early.  We definitely use the cover.  I swore I wouldn't buy one before I had him, but those things are soooooooooooo sticky and gross. I highly recommend getting one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"