2nd Trimester
Options

Alcohol free Nyquil Cold & Flu

Has anyone taken this in second tri?? Just went to Target and the pharmacy was closed so I couldn't ask the pharmacist. I'm doing some reading online now. I'm pretty sick and haven't slept in 3 nights. I just want some relief so I can sleeeeeeeeeep!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Alcohol free Nyquil Cold & Flu

• Options

I'm a tech in a pharmacy, but we too have to study the drugs and categories, so I am pretty well versed. And being pregnant myself has its perks because well I pay extra attention to all the safe and unsafe drugs I play with every day ;P

As long as the main ingredients are the same in Canada and the US you should be ok.

I have them listed as Acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and doxylamine which are all safe in pregnancy on their own, so should be fine together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Do not, i repeat,DO NOT take nyquil. it has alcohol and my doctor deemed it a big no-no. he said to drink lots of fluids, orange juice, warm showers so the steam helps your sinuses and if i needed medicine to try the TYLENOL COLD AND FLU. make sure its tylenol not anything else. good luck, mine went away after 4-5 days because i was getting rid of all my phlegm even though it grossed the heck out of my husband...then he got sick when i was feeling better...poor man. anywho feel better soon <3
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers BabyName Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I ended up not taking it and using benadryl instead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageliz_bluefreak:
    Do not, i repeat,DO NOT take nyquil. it has alcohol and my doctor deemed it a big no-no. he said to drink lots of fluids, orange juice, warm showers so the steam helps your sinuses and if i needed medicine to try the TYLENOL COLD AND FLU. make sure its tylenol not anything else. good luck, mine went away after 4-5 days because i was getting rid of all my phlegm even though it grossed the heck out of my husband...then he got sick when i was feeling better...poor man. anywho feel better soon <3

It was the alcohol free one she was asking about...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"