Trouble TTC
Options

Intro with questions

Hi!

My name is Jenn!

DH and I have been TTC for 14 cycles with no luck.  I have a history of endo.  In January I had a full work up and all looked great for me other than the fact that I have a tipped uterus and its heart shaped (which the dr said will not effect conception)

Today we got back DH's SA results and his count was 13 million (normal is 40-80 million) so our RE refered us to a urologist.

Im unsure of what comes next.  What could be the cause?  Does this mean we will more than likely have to do IUI?  What is the process of the IUI? Any advice or your story would be helpful!

Thank you!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro with questions

• Options

Hi! My DH has a slightly low count also. When we went to the Uro, he did lots of labs, a scrotum u/s and a repeat SA (with a more strict scale). We found that my DH's testosterone was low, and that was likely the cause of his low counts. They offered Testosterone or Clomid for him, but we opted to just use a more natural approach. We used Fertilaide for Men and he quit smoking. His numbers did go up a couple mil.

Also, as far as IUI goes, that was our approach. My doctor felt that my DH's numbers were good enough to procede with IUI, and she said she procededs with anything over 10mil. She also reminded me it only takes one!

Sorry you have to be here, but good luck!!

• Options

Normal SA results depends on what scale the lab uses.  Normal count is 20 million, motility should be over 50% and morphology should be 5% over higher.  Your H should have a second SA done to confirm the low count no matter what.  Our uro wanted two completed before he even had his appointment so they would know in advance.  Hopefully it is just  fluke.  You really need the whole picture with all the numbers to determine a treatment possibility though.  Good luck and here are a couple links for the different scales.

Kruger Strict criteria: https://www.fertilitydr.com/male-infertility-semen-analysis-kruger.html

WHO motility and numbers: https://fertilitylabinsider.com/2011/09/sperm-morphology-krugers-strict-vs-who-criteria-whats-the-difference/

TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you ladies for your advise and welcome!

I dont know the other numbers for mobility from the SA.  I honestly didnt even know to ask that. 

DH and I were happy yesterday to finally have an answer as to why we werent getting pregnant. And now this morning i feel more and more nervous.  I probably should not have googled things! LOL!

I know what IUI and IVF is but I never knew what they entailed, and now im learning about it and realizing that this will be DH & my path to parenthood.

We talked last night and we are 100% sure that we will do what ever it takes to become parents but we are scared and nervous of the unknown.

I woke up this morning at 7am to take my temp and OPK and realized...... I dont really need to do this anymore :( I was really disappointed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"