Stay at Home Moms
Options

Vacuum recommendations?

Our vacuum is giving off the worst dying motor smell. I was just looking at options for replacing it. We have a bunch of Discover points and they offer two Hoover wind tunnel models and then several Dysons and around $350 or double the cost of the hoovers. Or we could just buy something but I thought that was convienent. What should I get? Or do a get a roomba one? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vacuum recommendations?

• Options
    I LOVE my Dyson, so I highly reccomend that. I also bought mine a bit cheaper used from Amazon.
  • Options
    LOVE my Kirby...  It's also a carpet cleaner.  It's a Generation 6.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I absolutely love love love love my vacuum-

Hoover Windtunnel

Its bagless- it's soooooo ridiculously easy to dump, no mess, no touching anything, it picks up so amazingly well. Light weight. great attachments.

And its less than 150.00

https://www.amazon.com/Hoover-WindTunnel-T-Series-Upright-UH70210/dp/B002HFA5F6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333151826&sr=8-2

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I vote for Dyson also.  Ours is 4 yrs old and going strong, I love it.

• Options

LOVE my Dyson. I have the purple animal one.......

GL in your search! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    Thank you for the responses. Now I'm totally confused ?? I was just at my neighbor's and she has the Hoover wind tunnel which she loves. But I know a dyson will go forever (I think). Maybe I should go back to her house and ask to vacuum to try it out. Haha
  • Options

lol- I actually stopped someone in Bed Bath and Beyond who was shopping around for vacuums and told them to get the hoover.

Then again- I am not a shy person. lol.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageStacyc625:

lol- I actually stopped someone in Bed Bath and Beyond who was shopping around for vacuums and told them to get the hoover.

Then again- I am not a shy person. lol.

Ive been known to do the same type of thing, especially when I really love a product.  

• Options
    I am on my second Hoover windtunnel, and I'm really happy with it.  At only $150, I didn't care when the first one died.  It lasted over 4 years, and at that price, I think it was totally worth it!  I'm sure a Dyson is a better vacuum and might make my life easier, but I don't have $400 to drop on a vacuum...as much as I want the purple one...sigh...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I got my Dyson animal for a really good deal, and every time I vacuum, I think "good thing I didn't pay full price!" I mean, it's fine, but I'm not really sure I see all the hype. If I could justify the $$, I would have a Rainbow, but I can't, so the Dyson is fine. In my opinion, the attachments and the way that they attach are sub par :-(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • Options
    Got the Hoover wind tunnel!  So far, so good! Thank you
  • Options
    I've had a Dyson Animal (this one) and I LOVE it. I definitely recommend this vacuum. It's easy to use and replace bits on (like filters). The only thing I don't care for is that you have to order new parts online via the Dyson website (at least for me in Canada, in the US I believe Amazon ships parts).

claudia poirier
    Little Dude: 16 Apr. 2009 | Little Doll: 10 Jun. 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"