Stay at Home Moms
Options

Help me figure out what veggie dish to make for Easter!

DS birthday party and Easter are being combined this year.  Aside from bring things for DS party such as cake, ice cream and such I am bringing a veggie dish.

Please give me your ideas on what I should make.  I am lost.  

April 2009

Re: Help me figure out what veggie dish to make for Easter!

• Options
    I feel like something with asparagus is a great Spring/Easter dish. Or a salad - I've seen some tasty looking ones that combine spinach and fruit...
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options

This is a really good green bean recipe. (and not her usual heart attack on a plate)

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/fresh-green-beans-one-way/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh thank you everyone! I will look into these suggestions.  :) 
    April 2009
  • Options
    MJCFMJCF member
    I'm kind of obsessed with broccoli salad right now. Broccoli, cheddar cheese, red onion, bacon, mayo, sugar and vinegar. It's not a hot side though if that's what you arr looking for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We always make fresh green beans with sauted almond slivers and onion(opitional).  YUM!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelisamoe:

We always make fresh green beans with sauted almond slivers and onion(opitional).  YUM!

This! And a salad- very springy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • Options

I agree w/ asparagus or green beans.

This doesn't count towards veggies, but I have to say that I found an amazing pineapple stuffing recipe that I know make yearly for Easter. Sooooooooooo good w/ ham! Now I'm craving it ;)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options

I'd venture to go even simpler than that - just a simple boring no frills veggie tray! 

Then again I've been to far too many events that have served food I'm either allergic or intolerant to and the veggie tray has been my only saving option for mealtime..  Or for that matter, just simple cooked asparagus would be great!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If it's a sit down meal, I'd do one of the veggies mentioned above.

If it's a buffet, I'd make spinach dip in a bread bowl with veggie dippers.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options
    imageJ&A2008:

If it's a sit down meal, I'd do one of the veggies mentioned above.

If it's a buffet, I'd make spinach dip in a bread bowl with veggie dippers.

Thank you everyone! Augh! Now I want spinach dip! Yum!! Great ideas everyone! MIL asked if I could maybe do an asparagus dish.  
    April 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"