August 2011 Moms

Hurt feelings?

Am I crazy or am I already dealing with hurt feelings from my 7mo old? He just grabbed my blackberry to play with it and I took it away saying no, that's mommy's, you have an entire floor of toys. He looked at me, his bottom lip in full pout, huge tears come to his eyes and he cries for a sec like I have just ended his world....seriously?! Yes, cellphones, remote controls and laptops are off limits in our house. They are not toys, that is why he has an abundance of other things to play with. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Hurt feelings?

• Oh I hear yah-if she somehow manages to get the remote and I take it away its instant water works. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dd gets completely hysterical if I take away food that she wanted. I took an apple slice out of her hand after she bit off a chunk (I thought she would just suck on it) and you would have though I had stabbed her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally! L loves mommies new phone and it is pretty much his phone. L has his apps (letters, numbers, colors, some bubble app and fireworks) I always clean it before he plays with it but man it?s like c'mon. I do have this video and he is just gnawing on it and you can hear his breathing lol.

I guess it?s kind of like they say it?s no longer just your apple but now you have to share the apple.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageDuffgurl:

Totally! L loves mommies new phone and it is pretty much his phone. L has his apps (letters, numbers, colors, some bubble app and fireworks) I always clean it before he plays with it but man it?s like c'mon. I do have this video and he is just gnawing on it and you can hear his breathing lol.

I guess it?s kind of like they say it?s no longer just your apple but now you have to share the apple.

See trouble is, my phone is password protected for work and if the password is typed in 10 times incorrectly it erases everything on it :( Yes, I have back up but some things get erased perm and I just can't deal. It happened to me once, by my own fault and I almost had a heart attack.  We are just better making all those things off limits. I have some apps on my iPad for him but we hold it, they wouldn't give us insurance on it so no way he's breaking this sucker!  

• Ok, glad to know I'm only partially crazy. Boy, I'm not ready for THESE kind of tears!  

• imageambicklion:
    imageDuffgurl:

Totally! L loves mommies new phone and it is pretty much his phone. L has his apps (letters, numbers, colors, some bubble app and fireworks) I always clean it before he plays with it but man it?s like c'mon. I do have this video and he is just gnawing on it and you can hear his breathing lol.

See trouble is, my phone is password protected for work and if the password is typed in 10 times incorrectly it erases everything on it :( Yes, I have back up but some things get erased perm and I just can't deal. It happened to me once, by my own fault and I almost had a heart attack.  We are just better making all those things off limits. I have some apps on my iPad for him but we hold it, they wouldn't give us insurance on it so no way he's breaking this sucker!  

Totally understand. How about his own cell phone?

https://www.vtechkids.com/product/detail/298/Dial-and-Discover-Phone

https://compare.ebay.com/like/350516864062?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • C does the same thing with our phones, remotes, my Nook, & our lap tops. Anything he knows he can't have he automatically wants. It's starting already! Oi!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Round 1, C 18 months =) Round 2! TTC #2, Cycle 1 image Oversharer extraordinaire:Blog
  • imageDuffgurl:
    imageambicklion:
    imageDuffgurl:

Totally understand. How about his own cell phone?

https://www.vtechkids.com/product/detail/298/Dial-and-Discover-Phone

https://compare.ebay.com/like/350516864062?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

I actually have an old Razr that I plan on letting him play with eventually.  I like those as well tho! 

• Ugh, last week baby woke up to eat at 4 am.  Irritated that the milk was taking too long to let down, she bit me 3 times and I yelped "no" each time.  After the third she burst into tears and I had to get her little blankie to get her to calm down enough to eat.  If I'd been awake enough, I would have felt bad ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageKimbus22:

I'm not sure if it's hurt feelings or just smart manipulation with DS.  DH will tell him no and he'll just stare at him.  But then he looks at me, throws his arms up at me and cries. 

He'll also go in his bouncer happily for DH and I all the time.  But if my mom is there and she puts him down in it, he immediately starts bawling and holding his arms out to her.  He knows who the suckers are.

Yes, he def knows who the sucker in this house is and it is DH. Thanks to DH carrying him around everywhere he thinks that is supposed to be his mode of transportation with DH around.  He's now started crying when DH leaves the room. Good times. 

• I don't think that anyone is really complaining...  Just noting a change in behavior. Lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD definitely knows what she wants. Take her toy out of her hands and she goes into full blown my-life-is-over hysterics... until you present her with something new to play with. lol
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"