Success after IF

Who has delt w PPD

I am probably going to delet this later but I am having one heck of a week and basically had a minor melt down this am and I really thought that I minght need to go to the emergency room cause I was having such terrible panic/anxiety attack.. I have a lotgoing on w a lot of moving parts.. Two very young kids one who is in the full on temper tantrum phase and something minor happened this am and just pushed over the edge.. 

I was really scared there for a bit cause I couldn't pull it together.. My gf who is a nurse partitioner actually came over to bring me a Valium to calm down.i have a phone call into a therapist...ugh this really blows.. 

Re: Who has delt w PPD

• I'm sorry you are having a rough time. I did not have PPD but, I do have anxiety. I am currently on medication for it right now longer than I ever have been. When I have a major anxiety attack it can last for several days and it sucks. I hope you have good support (dh/family/good friends). If I did not have good support (my dh and mom are the best) I can't imagine how hard it would be.

As best you can, remember it will pass and there are only feelings (crappy ones for sure) and can not hurt you. These feeling will not last forever.

I'm glad your friend was able to get you a valium and good for you for contacting a therapist.

If you need to talk/vent/get feelings out feel free to email or fb me.

r o d e n 81 at g m a i l dot c o m

(((Hugs)))

ETA: Like the poster below, I am on lexapro. It's been doing it's job!

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • No personal experience, just want to offer tons of hugs.   Please please please ask for and take any help you can get.   You have so much on your plate... Be sure you are taking care of yourself, too.   Big hugs!!!  I am always here if you want to talk!
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • i did not have PPD or PPA, but i do work with people who do. definitely see your dr about an anti-depressant, and therapy is also a huge support. you have a lot going on, with a lot of changes on their way- you can use all the support and help you can get.  good luck, we're always here for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ((((hugs))) the best thing you can do is reach out for help and you have done that so you are already moving in the right direction. please keep us posted!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got to a point where I couldn't pull it together either.  I couldn't sleep b/c I was terrified of what the next day would bring.  The thought of being alone with my two infants would have me on the floor sobbing.  I couldn't think clearly.  I called my doctor and he put me on lexapro.  I felt a little better after a week, and much much better after a month.   I stopped taking it after 5 months and I feel fine now.  I look back and wonder why I was such as basket case but I realize that it is a condition that I couldn't really control at the time and the meds helped bring me out of it.  I hope you can get some help.  It really sucks to feel that panicked all the time. 
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ohh sweetie I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you feel better soon I'm here if you need me

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• About two months ago, when LO was about 9 months we started giving her a combo of formula and breast milk for lunch (because I wasn't pumping enough) my hormones went really weird and I got PPD. For about 2 weeks my chest ached, my throat was tight and I kept having constant negative thought patterns. I had gone through this horrible job thing when I was pregnant and then got a new job recently, so I was under a lot of stress.

I ended up going to my acu for a few sessions and she put me on a Ginseng supplement and an iron supplement that helped a lot. She also recommended me get tested for thyroid and iron defeciency. She said that thyroid issues can present like depression. I have an appointment in a couple weeks at the doctor to get checked.

Exercise, meditation and being aware of the problem, trying to refocus my thought patterns in a more positive way, and actually talking to my husband about how I felt really helped a lot. I'm still not 100% better, but getting there.

Hang in there. Do what works for you to feel better, whether that be medication or therapy or getting more time outside or whatever. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ((hugs))

I dealt with PPA that really kicked into high gear around 6 months PP.  I was counting the craziest things- his bottle tops and blankets and literally could not sleep at night unless I knew where everything was and if I couldn't find everything I thought I needed to find I would have a total meltdown.  I ended up on prozac for five months while I went to therapy and re-learned how to cope with my anxiety. 

Hang in there, and I FB message me if you ever need to talk or vent. 

Daycare is SO exhausting!
    Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"