November 2012 Moms
Options

DH NOT a fan of Pelvic Rest LOL!

My dr is definitely one who errs on the side of caution, which I definitely appreciate...but DH's reaction to another week and a half of pelvic rest was hilarious. 

This is baby #4 (pregnancy #5) for me, and after some light (I mean FAINT pink) spotting once on Saturday, my dr. saw me first thing Monday, did an US and a Pelvic. All looked good. Cervix was closed, saw the gestational sac and yolk sac. He went on and ordered 3 rounds of HCG testing and put me on Pelvic Rest (no intercourse and no exercise/heavy lifting...yeah right, I have a 32 lb 2 year old..) until we got the results. WEll, went back yesterday and my #'s weren't as high as he wanted (20,294 at 6 weeks 1 day) but since they had risen, and we saw a HB on the 2nd US he said all looked fine...however, he ordered me on Pelvic Rest until my next US next Friday! I told him DH would be THRILLED to hear that LOL. The nurse offered to write me a note in case he didn't believe me LOL. ANyone else on Pelvic Rest? When I told DH, I thought he was going to make me get the note LOL  

Happily Married to HS Sweetheart 10 yrs DS #1 8 yrs DS #2 6 yrs DS #3 2 years EDD for DS#4 11/20/12 (we are just assuming it will be a DS LOL!) BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: DH NOT a fan of Pelvic Rest LOL!

• Options
    Self-mandated!!! First pg ended in m/c and we'd had sex.  I KNOW they have nothing to do with each other but I told Dh no booty until after u/s this coming Wed.  We've only had it once since BFP and he caught me off guard in the middle of the night!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sure am. Even tho H heard it with his own ears he still managed to leave the appointment with the idea the Dr said it was a suggestion...  Lol. Not so much. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I had your doctor! I have to go in every week for u/s because they keep measuring me. They won't even give me exact measurements, last week they said "6 weeks and some days". They are basically watching me because the heartbeat is slow and there's a chance I could m/c... I have never had a m/c and I have had 2 healthy pregnancies. I was in the ER this week for bleeding but it ended up just being normal 1st trimester bleeding; I just freaked. I asked about my stress level at work and mentioned that I am constantly on my feet. Apparently that is fine and stress is no big thing when pregnant; I disagree but 3 doctors have told me that same thing. Yesterday I worked 11.5 hours and was on my feet the whole freaking time, didn't even get an official lunch break. I had to eat on the job. I would kill for some rest... even if it was just  a few days!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    What was the HB?  THey saw the HB on US   6 wk 1 day for me (which is the VERY earliest they said they could) and it was 111. My dr. said that this # is slow, but normal for this early. He is doing an US next Friday to be sure the HB has sped up to where it should be. (I think I have seen where others are seeing hb's in the 120's-130's at 7 weeks, which is when my original US had been scheduled for. The only reason I had the first two was due to the spotting. 
    Happily Married to HS Sweetheart 10 yrs DS #1 8 yrs DS #2 6 yrs DS #3 2 years EDD for DS#4 11/20/12 (we are just assuming it will be a DS LOL!) BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    They didn't tell me what the HB rate was... I have also never had my hormone levels tested. I read on here about woman who know their levels are increasing or decreasing but I have no clue where mine are. I had a blood test done to verify that I was pregnant and the EPTs were not a glitch but other than that the only blood work I have had done was to find out my blood type. Which was B+ just as I told them. I have not had an "official first OB appointment" because they didn't know if I was not developing or just measuring behind. It almost feels like they don't want to waste their time just in case its a m/c. I am kind of stuck with the doctors office due to my insurance. I think I am 7 weeks today, based on what the u/s tech in the ER told me last week. She gave me the measurements so I am basing the pregnancy on her information. I have my next appointment this coming Friday (my last appt was on my birthday and my next one is on my son's birthday!) so hopefully I will have good news. They did say that the slow HB could be normal since it is so early. I swear, I almost wish I never had an u/s yet! This is stressful.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"