Success after IF

Did your 35-37 weeker spend time in the NICU?

As of right now this pregnancy is going great (knock on wood) and I am 34 weeks.  I have no reason to think I won't make it to my scheduled csection at 39 weeks exactly.  Some BH contractions but tnothing else really...

My goal with this pregnancy was to have a non NICU baby and I am just wondering if for somereason she decided to come in the 35-37 week range would she be able to come home with me?? I know its different for each baby but just looking for experiences.  I know size really doesn't matter but I am measuring a week ahead and she has been in the 50-60th percentile for growth throught and I have have my last growth u/s next week at 35 weeks...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Did your 35-37 weeker spend time in the NICU?

• Yes both did. However, twin pregnancy with IUGR in one of them. The other was in the 10%. 

4 days for the non-IUGR

7 days for the IUGR baby

Mostly feeding and growing, some jaundice and I ran a fever so they put both on a course of antibiotics.  

ETA: the non IUGR was 10% for size. 

• 34 week 5 dayer here and he spent 2 weeks in NICU. Most of his issues were related to regulating his own body temp and learning how to eat. We did expect an early arrival however because of pre-e at 26 weeks so I got steroid shots for his lung development.

He was on oxygen for 1 day though, but that was more because his cord was wrapped around his neck and low Apgar score because of it.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • 37w0d white males, no NICU. Stayed in the room with me the whole time.
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD was born at 39w5d at 8lbs, 8oz and spent a week in the NICU due to respiratory distress syndrome at birth (meconium aspiration) and suspected pneumonia.  At that age and weight she did great and was (by far) the biggest, healthiest baby there.  (We were actually stepped down to the Continuing Care Nursery after only two days in the NICU.)  It was scary for us, but nothing like I'm sure it is for most families that spend time there.

Try not to worry about it too much...right now she's doing well and that's what's important!

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• I was induced at 37 weeks with DS and he was in the NICU for 3 days. He actually did well at first, and was in the regular nursery. When the doctor from our pedi's office came to do his exam and circumcision the morning after he was born, she noticed some retraction and the hospital decided to admit him to the NICU. He was released after they ruled out pneumonia, a course of antibiotics was completed, etc.

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• DS: 37 W 1 D - No NICU.  Found out later I had gestational diabetes, so he was kind of big and had to be delivered via c-section (measured 5 weeks ahead; my U/S the day before he estimated him to be a full pound lighter than he was).  Only issue was jaundice that was treated without lights.

DD: 36 W 3 D - NICU for 5 days for difficulty breathing, tachycardia and problems regulating temp at birth.  Then, jaundice developed which was treated with lights and a bili-blanket in NICU.

Succes after IF - DXN PCOS 2008 Surpise BFP 7/2009 Baby B was born 2/2010 Baby A is on her way; surprise! Due 2/2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Both kids were born at 37 weeks exactly and spent no time in the NICU.   Not that you asked- but Nicholas was 6lbs 4 oz and Ava was 5 lbs 13 oz. 

Can't believe how close you are! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my almost 37 weeker did not spend any time in the NICU.
    Our IVF Miracle Arrived 2.26.11! <a href="http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/KikiGee/?action=view
  • My water broke at 36weeks exactly and we spent 2 days trying to get him out, and had ZERO nicu time. Good luck!

• My twins were born at 35w3d, and were in the NICU for 10 days. Both had some minor respiratory issues, but mostly the time was spent growing.

• First born at 34 w 5 d, and no NICU time.  He did have jaundice issues, that we had a bili blanket for a week, but that was also due to his positioning in utero (smushed into my ribs and came out with rib bruises!)  He was also 7lb12oz at that time.  :)
  • Our DS was born at 35w0d for pre-e, ? IUGR and ongoing oligohydramnios. He was 4 lbs 10.5 oz at birth. He did get steroids at 30 weeks gestation because there cord blood flow compromise and his growth rate had decreased, combined with low amniotic fluid. Our DS only had low blood sugars at birth and was in NICU for one day for that. His lungs were fine and he ate well with the bottle. The low blood sugars were probably more due to the fact that I'm a Type 1 diabetic and not because he was early. He came hone with us. And he's doing well. At home he just had mild jaundice that quickly disappeared on its own and he was a bit slow to gain weight. I hope you can keep cooking for a month more!! Good luck!
  • Elena was a 37 weeker, was bigger than her full-term sister, and stayed with me the entire time.

Best wishes!

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • The twins were born at 37w0d and needed no NICU time. They were 7.5 and 7.7lbs at birth.
    IVF #1 = BFP on 5/2009
    FET #1 = BFP on 5/2011
  • imageKiKiGee:
    my almost 37 weeker did not spend any time in the NICU.

This was me too!  36w6d and no NICU time.... 

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • One day shy of 35 weeks and DS spent 6 days in the NICU.  If he hadn't had hypoglycemia at birth we might have gotten away with just an advanced care nursery, but once he was admitted they kept him for elevated bilirubin levels and at the end, 9% weight loss.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• My girls were born at 36w2d and didn't need any NICU time. Best of luck!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My 35w babies spent 13 and 14 days in the NICU. Jules because she was IUGR, and Kit because of breathing issues (apnea and bradycardia)
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son-- born at 36 weeks - he was huge- 9lbs, 3 oz at 36 weeks!!!  He spent 4 days in the NICU unit because he had trouble regulating his blood sugar.  It has nothing to do with being early - it had to do with being a big baby- they sometimes take a few days to learn how to regulate it.  He was released before I was- I had to spend a week in the hosp for pre-e.

My dd - born at 36 weeks, 3 days.  No NICU unit.  Stayed with me the entire time

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Katen was a 36 weeker and had all of the typical preemie problems. Bradycardias, apneas, trouble feeding, trouble maintaining temp, etc. She was 5lbs and 10oz so while she was big, it didn't help her much.
  • I had DD at 34 weeks and the only reason she had NICU time (1 week) was because the hospital (and I'm sure many others are the same way)required it because of gestational age.  She took out her IV at 2 days old and they never put it back in, never needed any tube feeds, and no additional breathing help.  She was strong and healthy.  She went home at exactly 35 weeks gestational age.  So saying all of that...I think it is very much possible to have a 35-37 weeker go home with no NICU time.  Good luck!

ETA: My water broke at 33w4d and they stopped my labor for 3 days and got 2 steroid shots on board before starting my labor back up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"