Trouble TTC

inject cycle #3 (IUI #5) starting Sunday, but with a doubled dose.

i had 2 eggs on the dosage for the previous cycle, so i am nervous about what will happen this time with a higher dose.  I know the RE is just being aggressive, but it's still a little scary......but nothing has worked so far, so i probably shouldnt worry too much. ;)       

i am going to try to cut out as much sugar and 'bad' carbs as possible this cycle ,  mainly in preparation for IVF--which will be in june if this fails. blah, who wants to cut out chocolate when they are stressed? 

Re: inject cycle #3 (IUI #5) starting Sunday, but with a doubled dose.

• Hopefully you don't overstim and are able to cut out those carbs. I couldn't cut out chocolate, either.

I am also trying to cut out refinded sugar and carbs, but mostly for health benefits... I haven't looked much into IVF yet. I'm planning on saving that for July/Aug if the next few months fail... why is it you have to cut carbs for IVF?

Thanks and GL!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsT007:

Good luck with your stims. I hear ya though, when it takes as long to happen as its takes for us, we can't help but figure, "Nothings worked yet, so lets go!".

I am also trying to cut out refinded sugar and carbs, but mostly for health benefits... I haven't looked much into IVF yet. I'm planning on saving that for July/Aug if the next few months fail... why is it you have to cut carbs for IVF?

Thanks and GL!!!

oh well i have PCOS, so low carb is really good for my ovulation/ egg quality et al. 

• Ok, thank you! Again, good luck!!!!
    Married June 2007
    IUD Removed Dec 2009
    TTC April 2010
    HX: IF workup in June '11
    Me: 29, Left Tube Blocked
    DH: 28, Low Sperm Count/Morph
    Trying for IUI Aug, Sept, Oct '11 - no go O'ing on left
    Nov - 50mg clomid, 4 follies, wrong side - BFN
    Dec - 100mg Clomid - IUI#1 - BFN
    Jan '12 Break Cycle and RE Consult
    19Jan2012 - CD#1
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I would ask to be monitored more closely if they are upping your dose.  I had 2-3 follies for my first cycles at the same dose, and when he upped it just a little bit I ended up with 13 and got cancelled.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"