Multiples
Options

Weight differences?

So my b/g twins were born 9 ounces different at birth. Now at 3 months my little boy is almost 3lbs bigger than his sister lol. I am just wondering how common this big of a difference is this early?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weight differences?

• Options
    Landry was 4.2 lbs and Hudson was 5.9 lbs.  By six months old they were even on weight and height and still are exactly the same in weight and height every time we go to the doctor.  It always amazes me that they exactly the same.
  • Options
    My boys were 1lb difference at birth. From then on, their size difference increased to a 5lb difference, which is where we are today
    MoM to twins!! L & O born 11/29/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine were two pounds apart at birth and I'd say they are a good 5 or 6 pounds difference now.  The pedi wanted to see DD a month after her 2 month check-up just to keep an eye on her weight.  We took her in Tuesday and she moved herself up 2 percentiles!  But, she's still really petite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSnickers2005:
    Mine were two pounds apart at birth and I'd say they are a good 5 or 6 pounds difference now.  The pedi wanted to see DD a month after her 2 month check-up just to keep an eye on her weight.  We took her in Tuesday and she moved herself up 2 percentiles!  But, she's still really petite.
    My DD is petite too. How much does she weigh? Mine is just over 9lbs. The doctor wasn't concerned at their 2 month because she was in the 10th percentile. But I'm sure she has gone down now as she hasn't gained much weight since then. I hate worrying about their weight/eating so much :(
  • Options

My b/b twins were just 3 oz different at birth but they were 2 lbs and 1" apart by 7m. Not as big of a difference as your LOs but mine are the same sex. Fraternals with two different builds. Definitely not unheard of; I know a number of twins with 5-10 lb differences as toddlers or older. Now at age 3 they're closer again; 1/2" and about 1 lb different.

On a side note, I met a set of twins at a local MOTC event with a really dramatic difference; they were almost 40 lbs different and about 9" different at age 8. Their parents told us that the smaller one was pretty average for their age while the bigger one was more the size of a 12 y/o. I can only imagine the comments they have to deal with!

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"