Cloth Diapering

Laundry Detergent for CD, Baby Clothes, & Adult Clothes

I plan on starting off with Rockin Green (Hard Rock) for my CDs since a bag comes with my newborn rental. 

What do you use for baby's clothes?  For the rest of the family/adults?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Laundry Detergent for CD, Baby Clothes, & Adult Clothes

• I have been using soap nuts on the diapers and whatever free-and-clear is on sale for the rest of it.

I'll probably switch over entirely to soap nuts once I run out of other detergent.

• I use All Free & Clear for everything.  We haven't been CD'ing that long, but according to other moms I know who have, they don't tend to like the "CD safe" detergents if you have hard water.  A lot of them use Tide original powder even though it's not technically on the "safe" list.  They say it works great though.  I just keep using All for now, and have not had a problem so far.

I have also heard good things about Vaska and Dropps

• Loading the player...
  • I use Original Tide (powder) for the diapers. I use Ecos Free and Clear (liquid) for baby clothes. 

I use Tide liquid for all other laundry. I'll probably switch baby clothes over to this too after I see that he doesn't have any sensitivities. I don't use powder for all other laundry because we are on septic.

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use Arm and Hammer for Sensitive Skin for baby clothes and our clothes. I was also using it for our CDs but I decided to make my own detergent. If you want the recipe it's: 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup borax, 1/2 cup oxy clean. I don't really notice a difference between the arm and hammer and the home made stuff. But the homemade detergent ends up being way cheaper!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• All free and clear for everything

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Tide ultra original powder HE for everything.
  • Tide free and clear or All free and clear for everything.
  • We use All Free and Clear for the diapers and baby's clothes, but we use some generic brand for the rest of our clothes.  I just use the extra rinse feature on our clothes too to rinse the generic detergent out of the washer really well, and we haven't had any problems so far.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • I use All F&C for baby clothes and our clothes (I have sensitive skin and anything else makes me itch).  I have used it for our CDs also but recently started using Ruby Moon...I like it even better I think.  We do NOT have hard water, though.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For those who use All or Tide Free and Clear for diapers--is it safe for the PUL material as well?

I don't want to have to buy two different kinds of detergent, so if this works, that would be great! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use Dropps Free & Clear for everything. Its easier that way. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We use Tide Ultra Original powder for everything. I had good success with Rockin Green for awhile, then Charlie's Soap...the Charlie's ended up burning our LO's skin, so we went back to Rockin Green and ended up with ammonia stink. Tried a few others, Eco Sprouts and another one, neither got the stink out. Tried Tide and viola! Clean diapers :) We have FB, GroVias, BG 4.0s, and some prefolds, but a lot of pockets/PUL and they seem to be fine. I do line dry them rather than heat dry them though. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image image image
  • We use RnG Hard Rock as well for our CD's. For the rest of the household laundry I use Purex Free and Clear.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• I used tiny bubbles for diaper laundry (90%) of the time (10% charlies) and Charlies Soap 100% of the time for our regular laundry.  I have hard water and have had no issues with charlies - I just add an extra extra rinse to the end of my wash routine. 

You can buy both of these in bulk, Tiny Bubbles at costco.com and Charlies Soap on Amazon.  I bought a four gallon bucket of charlies online over a year and a half ago and i still have 1/3 of it left.    I love it for our clothes. 

I just use tiny bubbles cuz it goes on sale at costco occassionally and I pickup 6 boxes at a time for 60 bucks, each box does 60 loads. So .16 cents a load.  I think charlies runs .15 cents a load, it has been awhile since i did the math on that one.  Though I would NEVER use this stuff on anything for price comparison Dreft is .29 cents a load.  I think Tide ultra using to the 1 scoop line is something like .20 cents a load i read someone.  Can someone know the actual price per load?

If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"