High-Risk Pregnancy

GD Ladies: Yummy snacks?

I haven't officially been diagnosed with GD but I do have pre-diabetes and have been on Metformin for the last 2 years. I met with a Nutritionalist yesterday and started the GD diet. Seems pretty easy to follow for the most part, but I am having the hardest time coming up with snack ideas. I get 15g of carbs for a snack in between breakfast, lunch and after dinner. I would love to hear your favorite snacks! I just ate a Balance Bar as a snack, and while they aren't terrible, I don't love these protein bars! 
TTC since Jan '10 (Me 29, Hubby 30) Married just over 5 years from SoCal Diagnosed PCOS in May '10 and MTHFR Gene. 3 early m/c's in 2011. BFP Feb 8th '12 at 9DPO. Beta #1 (11DPO) = 28 Beta #2 (15DPO) = 140 Beta #3 (23DPO) = 2853! Due 10/22/12! Liam is here! Born 10/2/12 image

Re: GD Ladies: Yummy snacks?

• I love peanut butter and crackers. You can buy them or make your own. I'm a type 1 diabetic and peanut butter is like crack for me...I will eat the whole thing by myself! Haha

Also gold fish crackers 100 calorie packs! Those are 14 carbs per package...I really like those. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I get 30 carbs for my snacks, but sometimes I'm just not that hungry and only do 15.  For my morning snack, I like to do green apples with peanut butter.  I also do 1/2 a pear with some string cheese.  The Special K bars are 17 g. of carbs.  The raspberry cheesecake one is really good.  You could also do some greek yogurt--just check the carbs because some of the flavored ones are higher than others.  I like to mix walnuts in mine for some crunch.  If you're really hungry, you could even do a sandwich (PBJ, egg salad, etc.) on low-carb bread.  The Healthy-Life low carb bread is only 8 carbs per slice.
    Addison Lily--Sept. 14, 2006 Evelynn Rose-- May 18, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • These all sound great! I have been having cottage cheese on low carb bagels (even before meeting with the nutritionist), and I love that as a snack, but all these other options sound really good. I am going to get some of those Special K bars at the store later :)
    TTC since Jan '10 (Me 29, Hubby 30) Married just over 5 years from SoCal Diagnosed PCOS in May '10 and MTHFR Gene. 3 early m/c's in 2011. BFP Feb 8th '12 at 9DPO. Beta #1 (11DPO) = 28 Beta #2 (15DPO) = 140 Beta #3 (23DPO) = 2853! Due 10/22/12! Liam is here! Born 10/2/12 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"