Pregnant after a Loss

~April mommies check-in~

April will be here in 2 DAYS....AHHHHHH!  Our month has finally arrived!

shealy12- Do you have an induction date set yet?

Dragonflybelle- Congrats on graduating from your MFM and moving onto just your OB. 

sweepie- Congrats on making it to 35/35.  Such a huge milestone.

loves*greenmlk*- Yay, your LO should be here by Monday.  Can't wait to here when LO arrives and GL with everything.  Please keep us posted.

kellebelle- Glad to hear that your little girl passed the NST.

USAwifey- Congrats on the arrival of your LO.  Enjoy every minute with him.

Have I missed anyone who has had a baby recently?

How are you feeling?

How many days left until EDD?

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share?

QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat?

Photobucket
DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ~April mommies check-in~

• How are you feeling?  This week has been more rough.  Just harder to move around and sleep.

How many days left until EDD? 9

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share? My MW wanted to strip my membranes because most woman "are ready to get things going" but I declined.  I told her next week we could try that.  I had no progress (still dialated to a 2 but cervix is soft).  I lost another pound (so 3 total in a month but still up 31 pounds) and I was measuring at 35 weeks Tongue Tied instead of 38 but she said it was because of the position and that baby dropped a little.  My next appt is Tuesday.  I really am hoping it is my last.

QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat?  I love seafood manicotti with alfredo sauce

Photobucket
  • How are you feeling? It's time to have a serious discussion about this SPD and how it works that it's supposed to just resolve itself after delivery.  Are we talking immediate relief like I had with the heartburn and lower back pain after my c/s with DS or will it take time?  I cannot even imagine getting in and out of the hospital bed, having to "scooch" down past the bed rails to get to the bottom to slide off will kill me.  I'm already tearing up every time I have to get up to pee out of my own bed at night, which is now almost every 2 hours like clockwork.  The codeine no longer helps.  Everything else thougt is fine.  I had a couple weeks of severe swelling, but it seems to have finally gone down mostly.  I think it was the temporary warm weather we had here.

How many days left until EDD ? 24 more days until I'm scheduled for the c/s, but as of this weekend I will be full term, so I can almost call it any day now!  :)

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share? I have a regular appointment this afternoon with my MW.  Well, hopefully I will since she's on call and could end up having to cancel if any babies are on their way into the world.

QOTD: What is your favorite meal to eat? Right now I like to order mac and cheese, a panini, a bread bowl of black bean or potato soup, a chocolate chip cookie, and a strawberry smoothie from Panera Bread.  I only eat some of each, probably still more than I need, but I like to have all of those things because I can't pick a favorite.  Panera needs a You-Pick-5 or 6 menu instead of the You-Pick-2!  Or maybe a lunch buffet!

Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow ladies!  We are all getting so close!

How are you feeling?

Pretty good actually.  I've been a little icky feeling the past few days and I've had a tiny headache but other than that not too bad. 

14 days!

I had an appointment on Wednesday with a different OB because mine was on vacation and my bp was up a little.  It's normally in the 120/70s range and that day it was like 134/84.  It went down a smidge when they took it again but I have to go back in today and have it checked again.  I really think it was just a combo of them getting me back to the room so quickly and a quick appointment and the different doctor. 

Does anyone know what they will do if it's still up today?  I don't think it's high enough to warrant immediate induction or anything and I would rather wait for my OB to be back from vacation.

I honestly don't know anymore.  I think it used to be Mexican, like a chicken chimichanga or Pad Thai with chicken.  Now, I am so sick of eating, nothing sounds good.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHBaylies:

How are you feeling? It's time to have a serious discussion about this SPD and how it works that it's supposed to just resolve itself after delivery.  Are we talking immediate relief like I had with the heartburn and lower back pain after my c/s with DS or will it take time?  I cannot even imagine getting in and out of the hospital bed, having to "scooch" down past the bed rails to get to the bottom to slide off will kill me.  I'm already tearing up every time I have to get up to pee out of my own bed at night, which is now almost every 2 hours like clockwork.  The codeine no longer helps.  Everything else thougt is fine.  I had a couple weeks of severe swelling, but it seems to have finally gone down mostly.  I think it was the temporary warm weather we had here.

Mine was better immediately with DS.  Of course I think it helped that I wasn't laying on my side and thus compressing my hip all the time in bed (which is when mine acted/acts up the worst).   I did have issues with scooching out of the hospital bed but I think that was more of the pain/swelling/tear/stitches than the SPD.

I'm sorry you are having so much pain with it.

• How are you feeling? I'm getting pretty uncomfortable as I get closer to the end. I am definitely ready for Emmalynn to be here (as soon as she is ready of course)

How many days left until EDD? 24!!

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share? Nothing new to report other then baby girl likes to scare us. But, she passed the NST at the hospital yesterday, so she is just playing games I suppose. Next appointment is on Tuesday-should be get the results of the GBS test and hopefully another internal which will show PROGRESS! (this week's appointment showed there was no progress)

QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat? I love pizza!!

Married 9/19/09
    BFP#1 05/19/10 M/C 6/4/10 d/x threatened m/c 6/6/10 m/c confirmed
    BFP#2 10/26/10 M/C 11/01/10
    BFP#3 11/28/10 C/P 11/29/10
    BFP#4 02/23/11 M/C 3/1/11
    BFP#5 08/13/11 EDD 04/27/12 Beta @11DPO 8.79 Beta @13DPO 36 Beta @17DPO 179 Beta @20DPO 679!! 6w3d hb 116 bpm! 8w3d hb 164 bpm! 10w4d hb 177-187 NT scan 12w2d hb 173-everything looks great! 14w4d-everything still looks great! A/S scheduled for 12/12!
    Our rainbow baby is here!! Emmalynn Anne born 4/27/12 via unplanned c-section
    BFP#6 Surprise! Here comes baby #2! Harper Elizabeth born 12/17/13 via c-section
  • imagejkfranklin:
    imageHBaylies:

How are you feeling? It's time to have a serious discussion about this SPD and how it works that it's supposed to just resolve itself after delivery.  Are we talking immediate relief like I had with the heartburn and lower back pain after my c/s with DS or will it take time?  I cannot even imagine getting in and out of the hospital bed, having to "scooch" down past the bed rails to get to the bottom to slide off will kill me.  I'm already tearing up every time I have to get up to pee out of my own bed at night, which is now almost every 2 hours like clockwork.  The codeine no longer helps.  Everything else thougt is fine.  I had a couple weeks of severe swelling, but it seems to have finally gone down mostly.  I think it was the temporary warm weather we had here.

Mine was better immediately with DS.  Of course I think it helped that I wasn't laying on my side and thus compressing my hip all the time in bed (which is when mine acted/acts up the worst).   I did have issues with scooching out of the hospital bed but I think that was more of the pain/swelling/tear/stitches than the SPD.

I'm sorry you are having so much pain with it.

Good to know.  It only hurts when I lay down, so I am lucky.  But when I lay down it's HORRIBLE.  I use either my husband on one side or the end table next to me on the other to pull myself when trying to move in bed.  I don't lay on the couch anymore to watch TV, snuggle with DS, or put up my feet.  I just can't avoid needing to sleep in bed at night.  We do have a recliner, but it's in DS's room, I;m afriad to have my water break if I try sleeping on it, and since it's a rocker recliner, it's actually really hard or me to stand up from it at this point which would suck when I have to pee all night long.  It's good to hear that the issue goes away pretty quickly.  If it wasn't for this pain, I'd be fine being pregnant like this forever!  It's been a much easier pregnancy overall that with DS.  They really are all so different!

Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • How are you feeling? I am feeling pretty good.  No worse than usual?lol.  I?m just so happy to be at this point, that I really can?t complain.

How many days left until EDD?  Well?my EDD is about 16 days away, but I?m being induced, so that doesn?t matter anymore J

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share?  Blake has an eviction date!!  We are being induced Tuesday April 3rd!!!  I am so excited, yet don?t really believe that in about 5 days he will be on the outside with us.  I?ve been getting quite a few contractions lately.  Last week, I was 2cm dialated and cervix is nice and soft and about 50% effaced.  I go to my OB later today to get checked again, and do another NST.  It will be interesting to see if there are any changes.  I just hope he doesn?t decide to come before the 3rd because the university is about an hr and a half away?and I don?t think hubby will handle that drive well if we have to make it quick!  Lol. 

Also ? as I shared in a post below, the 1 year anniversary of Austin is coming up.  We lost him at 22 weeks, and I delivered him on April 4th.  I?m sure we?ll still be in the hospital on the 4th, but I want to do something to celebrate him or commemorate him.  It?s going to be a VERY emotional two days for us. 

QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat?  Ummm?I don?t know.  Usually when we go to restaurants, I get steak, so I guess that qualifies J  But now I read that JK put Mexican ? and a taco and rice sounds really good right now. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks so much! I am so glad to be this far along!

How are you feeling? I am swelling pretty badly in the evenings, along with cramps and hip issues, I am a bit miserable to be honest.

How many days left until EDD? according to my original EDD I have 28...that is to be seen.

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share? Had my weekly NST/BPP yesterday and all was well, see my OB weekly now on Wed and NST/BPP on Thursdays.

QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat? Right now it seems to be small, easy to digest things like a bowl of cereal or some yogurt and fruit

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Good morning ladies!  Hope everyone is doing well! :)

How are you feeling? I'm very pregnant and very miserable haha...I can't do anything but sit here and wait for this baby to show up!

How many days left until EDD ? Well, actually -1...my due date was yesterday :(  I was originally 4/4, but it changed a few months ago, and he's not showing any signs of coming anytime soon.  I'm so bummed and sad- after my appointment yesterday, I hadn't shown any more progress from the last week and I just cried and cried saying "He doesn't want to meet me! He's never coming out!"  Dramatic, I know LOL.

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share? Yesterday was my 40w appt.  I'm still 1cm dilated, 50% effaced, and he's still extremely high up in my ribs.  I also have a posterior cervix so it's harder for her to reach up there and makes getting internals very unpleasant :(  Now, since I'm overdue, I have to go back on Monday, and again on Thursday...continuing my NSTs and making sure he's doing alright in there.  If he doesn't show up by next Thursday when I'm 41w, we'll start talking about setting a deadline and a possible induction.  I really want him to come on his own terms, but I guess he likes it too much in there...

QOTD: What is your favorite meal to eat? Holiday food!  Specifically Thanksgiving and everything that comes with it- turkey, ham, potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, etc etc...ugh I'm drooling!!!  I guess my favorite "pregnant" meal to eat would be cereal or pizza!

Have a great weekend everyone- send some labor dust my way so hopefully I can meet my baby boy ASAP! :) 

• imageshealy12:

How are you feeling? I am feeling pretty good.  No worse than usual?lol.  I?m just so happy to be at this point, that I really can?t complain.

How many days left until EDD?  Well?my EDD is about 16 days away, but I?m being induced, so that doesn?t matter anymore J

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share?  Blake has an eviction date!!  We are being induced Tuesday April 3rd!!!  I am so excited, yet don?t really believe that in about 5 days he will be on the outside with us.  I?ve been getting quite a few contractions lately.  Last week, I was 2cm dialated and cervix is nice and soft and about 50% effaced.  I go to my OB later today to get checked again, and do another NST.  It will be interesting to see if there are any changes.  I just hope he doesn?t decide to come before the 3rd because the university is about an hr and a half away?and I don?t think hubby will handle that drive well if we have to make it quick!  Lol. 

Also ? as I shared in a post below, the 1 year anniversary of Austin is coming up.  We lost him at 22 weeks, and I delivered him on April 4th.  I?m sure we?ll still be in the hospital on the 4th, but I want to do something to celebrate him or commemorate him.  It?s going to be a VERY emotional two days for us. 

QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat?  Ummm?I don?t know.  Usually when we go to restaurants, I get steak, so I guess that qualifies J  But now I read that JK put Mexican ? and a taco and rice sounds really good right now. 

Thinking of you Shealy on the 3rd and of course on the 4th.  ((HUGS))

Photobucket
  • We'll be thinking of you shealy12 on Tuesday and Wednesday!

How are you feeling? Honestly horrible. I have been having painful contractions for weeks. I can't sleep at all. I wake up every 20-30 minutes to have contraction, sometimes multiple and then go back to sleep. It hasn't helped that my 3 y/o hasn't been sleeping through the night for the last week. I'm exhausted on top of all the regular pregnancy pain.

How many days left until EDD? 15 

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share? 2cm dilated and her head is engaged. I was 3cm when I went into labor with my second.  On Tuesday the doctor said she thought she'd see me again next week but I'm really hoping she's wrong!

QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat? I love a good brunch :) 

Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Happy  Friday girls!

How are you feeling?  Feeling pretty good for the most part.   I am ready for him to come though - more so due to the leg spasms I've gotten and left knee pain where I can't fully bend it anymore.  The cortisone worked great for my tendonitis in left wrist.   Now just have to get through the next X amt of days til due date with GD and I'll be good :)  Sleeping hasn't been so great and I am telling myself to really try to take a nap from on, but we'll see how that goes.

How many days left until EDD? 16!  just about 2 wks left.  :O nuts!

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share? At my appt. last wk, LO was dropped, 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated.  granted I know it can stay that way, but was still excited.  Next appt is upcoming Thurs and hoping for more progress.  My family would like LO to come around Easter vs. his EDD... hahaha  I'll let him know.  We are practically done with his room, just need to hang his name letters - Ryan!  :)  My OB will also let me schedule NST if I feel the need so, I may schedule starting next week. 

QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat?  I love Pasta and PIzza!  I do enjoy Thanksgiving fair as well, but good ol' pasta, garlic bread.. YUM!  And i haven't been able to eat alot since the GD, so once LO's here, it's on!

• How are you feeling?  I have been having a ton of uncomfortable Braxton Hicks when I sit down, nothing settles them down except laying down or walking.  I've been trying to drinks a ton of water for them and the swelling, but my OB said today that the BHs are actually a good sign. How many days left until EDD?  20!  Recent/upcoming appt. news to share?  Just had my weekly today.  I'm 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced but Faye is still high in my ribs. QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat?  At this point, stuff that is light and quickly digested!  
  • How are you feeling? I am hanging in there :) I am am so excited for this little boy to get here, I have to remind myself it could still be awhile! Tomorrow is Lily's 2nd birthday party!! I have been running around like a crazy person getting things ready. I wish DH would act more appreciative of everything I have been doing...but as long as Lily has a great time tomorrow it will all be so worth it. 

How many days left until EDD? 30 days!! 

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share? Had my regular checkup yesterday. His head is low and engaged and my cervix is softening but no "real" progress to speak of. It is still early so I am trying not to get my hopes up. 

QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat? I am also a pizza lover, although right now pizza does not love me! 

Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Shealy - I will be thinking of you in the next few days. Good luck on Tuesday! 

How are you feeling?  Pretty good considering I'm 9 months pregnant and worked 15 hours yesterday. (5 hours of mandatory training the last day of work + work + trying to finish up = a very late day) I also figured this last week would be too hectic for any PT appts and I've really been feeling it in my hips and tailbone.  But I don't have much longer!

How many days left until EDD? 9, but our little boy will be here at noon on Monday!!!

Recent/upcoming appt. news to share? Had my last OB appt today and I have officially started my maternity leave!  She was estimating him to be in the high 7 lbs, although I wouldn't be surprised if he was even bigger. 

QOTD:  What is your favorite meal to eat?  I will never turn down pizza...ever.  I wish I was one of those people that craved healthy food, but sadly I could eat junk all the time if I could.  :)

• always a day late with this!  lol

How are you feeling?

Pretty good, just occasional miserable-ness or discomfort.   =)

Technically, 8 days to EDD.  But, baby is arriving on Tuesday via RCS.

Uneventful 38 week appt and I will never have another weekly OB appt again.  Woot!  

Right now, nothing is my favorite.  =(  My gallbladder (sorry to always harp on that) has really changed how I eat.  DH wants to go to our favorite restaurant to eat tonight but I'm ho hum b/c I can't get what I really want to.  It's just too rich for me now.  I do still love me some sushi, though.  I'd rather be going for that tonight.  :sigh:

GL to all of the April mommies!  I cannot believe we're finally here!!!!!!!

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"