December 2011 Moms

she relatched!!!!

i posted on breastfeeding too but had to post here also b/c i'm soooo excited!!!!

i'm soooo happy right now. i had made a post saying how i was going to give up on breastfeeding b/c i'm on a dairy/soy free diet & can't get my baby to relatch. well, i had been practicing with the breast sheild for a month & she would scream & cry. the other night, she woke up at 3:30am for some reason & i remember someone had said to try while she was tired. so i started with the nipple shield & then removed it after one minute & she was able to nurse & even switch sides without the nipple shield. yesterday, she nursed 5 times (starting with nipple shield) with only one bottle at night. it was sooo nice to not have to pump all day. 

we still have to start with the nipple shield but i take it off after 30 secs or so & she is able to latch on the other side without a problem. I'M SOOOO HAPPY!i think that maybe my body was releasing some sort of stress signal that she could read & once i had in my mind i was going to give up, it stopped & she was able to sense my relaxion.

btw- she is almost 4 months old & started out bf'ing but was on only bottles for one month b/c of the allergy. it took me a solid month to get her back on even w/ the nipple shield but just wanted to give hope to others.  

Re: she relatched!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"