Babies: 3 - 6 Months

baby with gas

my son gets gas alot, hes 3 months. i breastfeed, so i cut out the stuff that was making have gas. like milk, oj, broc, oarnges.. so will my son still get the nutrients he needs without it?? will he grow up not wanting it because im not eating it??

Re: baby with gas

• Breastfeeding is like pregnancy.  The baby gets all of the nutrients first. You will be the one to miss out on nutrients if anything at all. Make sure to keep taking your prenatal vitamins. I've heard baby will develop a taste for what they have had in the womb and while nursing, because they get small traces of whatever you have eaten through your breast milk. I don't think it would make a baby not want food that you haven't eaten though.  Every person is different.
  • Eat healthy for you and for baby, but cutting out that stuff shouldn't make a difference.

I never heard of any correlation between what you eat in pregnancy and BFing and what kids like. You just teach them healthy habits when they start food, and keep it up.

I exposed my first to all types of food early on. She does love her treats but also loves vegetables, all proteins, fruits, etc.

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"