Toddlers: 24 Months+

Rash on Toddler Face - Anyone's LO have this (pic included)?

My son has had this on his face now for a few days.  It doesn't itch, he's not bothered by it, and he has no fevers.  I called the dr. and they thought maybe hives, but I don't think it looks like hives.  I thought it might be some kind of heat rash?  He only has it on the areas that have been exposed to the sun.  We thought maybe it was a reaction to the sunscreen, but he hasn't worn any in 2 days and we have bathed him.  The dr. said to call if it gets worse of if he develops any further symptoms.  I'm wondering if I should bring him in anyway or just monitor the situation.  Thoughts??

several failed cycles on clomid and lose dose injectibles, IUI #1 2009 - BFN IUI #2 2009 - BFP - boy/girl twins born at 31 weeks. IVF #1= BFN; FET #1 = c/p; FET #2 = c/p, FET #3 = negative, FET #4 = positive, baby stillborn at 24 weeks.  

Re: Rash on Toddler Face - Anyone's LO have this (pic included)?

• My two guesses are either the sunscreen or allergies. Both can be horrible and take time to get over. With the sunscreen, my daughter got this type of rash and it eventually went away. But we did switch to a different sunscreen and it took us about 3 to find the right one.

With allergies, I would start by eliminating foods such as dairy, nuts, etc. and see if that makes it go away. And then slowly introduce one at a time to see if it comes back.

Good luck!

• it looks like my son's allergic reactions only they would just last a short time--- so you're saying it hasn't gone away AT ALL?? 

Have you tried any benadryl?  I would.  Like 1 tsp and see what happens--does it go away at all. Then you know it's an allergic reaction of SOME kind.  Then it's determining what.

• Loading the player...
  • My guess is allergies. This looks nearly identical to the rash that I get when certain types of grass touches me, or a dog licks me. Just contact rash that goes away in a few hours.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm going to try giving him some Benadryl tonight.  He hasn't really gone away though, that's the thing.  It's been like this for about 2 days now.  We've bathed him with no soaps and lotions, and it's still like that.  I have horrible allergies (as did my mother and father) so I'm wondering if he's inheriting something from my side. 
    several failed cycles on clomid and lose dose injectibles, IUI #1 2009 - BFN IUI #2 2009 - BFP - boy/girl twins born at 31 weeks. IVF #1= BFN; FET #1 = c/p; FET #2 = c/p, FET #3 = negative, FET #4 = positive, baby stillborn at 24 weeks.  
  • Maybe Fifth's Disease, aka slapped cheek disease. Basically just a common viral rash in kids. You mentioned no fever, but his rash is pretty classic-looking. 

https://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/fifth.html

• Allergic reaction. give benadryl and if it hasn't started to get better after 48 hrs on that, call the pedi.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"