Natural Birth
Options

Update regarding iron issues & a thank you!

I posted a few weeks ago that despite iron supplementation (liquid Floradix 3xs a day) I was in jeopardy of risking out of my freestanding birth center for my upcoming VBAC attempt. I received several great suggestions on this board about how to increase my iron intake in addition to the new supplement I was switched to.

My blood was redrawn yesterday and my iron levels have increased from in the low "10s" to in the "11s". Had I got to 10 I would have risked out so this is great news.

We started cooking with cast iron and the new supplements I have been taking per my MW 3xs a day are this brand https://www.healthpalace.ca/metagenics-hemagenics-iron-plus-60-180-tablets/ . Note that this is a lot of iron so I'm not suggesting this dose for anyone else.

One more VBAC obstacle down...Now I just need to get this baby to stop going back and forth between ROP and ROT and just settle in a nice anterior position so that I can stop obsessing and just focus on letting my body do what it needs to do.

Thanks again for all of the great suggestions!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Update regarding iron issues & a thank you!

• Options
    Glad to hear your iron is improving! Must be a relief, especially with wanting a VBAC. I'm trying for one also.

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Options
    So happy for you! I was wondering how it was going. Good luck with your VBAC! (I'm hoping for one too!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Great news!! One less thing to worry about : ) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"