Potty Training
Options

Potty Training with a baby...

DD1 is almost 23 months and starting to show signs of being interested in potty training.  Yay!  Except that I also have a very needy 15wk old.  Has any one successfully potty trained while also having to deal with a fussy baby?  DD2 is EBF so my main concern is DD1 saying she needs to go potty and me being in the middle of a feeding.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Potty Training with a baby...

• Options
    My baby is older then yours my girls were 26 months and 6 months also EBF and we just put the potty in a place that we all 3 can fit and then I would just get up while feeding her and take my 26 month old potty. It wasnt the easiest thing at first but we all learned to do it. I dont know how comfortable you are with the feeding yet but that could work for you. Sometimes when I had to clean the little potty after a successful potty my 6 month old would cry for a little bit but she was okay I just made sure she was in a safe spot stepped away for a minute to praise my older child and came back. Now my 27 month old is potty trained and I still have to do this but it is okay. It doesnt hurt her any to have a few minutes of alone time.
  • Options

Thanks!  I'm glad to hear it's possible!  We decided to wait until her 2nd birthday in a few weeks to try training.  And DD2 is getting better at being left alone and entertaining herself so that makes me feel better.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have two kids but I just thought I would suggest a ring sling or wrap carrier of some sort. That way you can nurse hands free. I did this all the time. I prefer a moby or woven wrap to be honest, but a good ring sling would be easier for you to put on at the drop of a hat so I would suggest the sling for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"