Toddlers: 24 Months+

Meals for 2.5 year old

I feel like I am running out of ideas what to give my DS. His eating habits are all over the place to. One day he like hamburger the next day he doesn't. One thing for sure, he always drinks milk and juice. What do you  give your 2-3 year old for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner?

Re: Meals for 2.5 year old

• DD has become a very picky eater for me lately, it's bad enough to drive me up a wall.

Breakfast likes - 1 Poptart, waffle, apple, pear, maybe a banana if she asks for it, Nutrigrain bar, berries, cereal with out the milk served in a small bowl.

Lunch Likes - Poptart, french fries but only certain brands, manderine oranges, mangos at times, peaches at times, various crackers, sometimes fig neutons.

Dinner Likes - see above

Snacks - Pureed fruit pouches, fruits already mentioned, various crackers, rice cakes, dried fruits in small amounts or she gets diarrhea, did I mention Poptarts already?, WhoNu cookies.

I just try to put 2 things I know she'll eat on the plate and 1 new thing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the same problem!  I hope to get some good ideas too!

Typical stuff:

Breakfast - bananas, cereal (usually dry), yogurt, pancakes, muffins/bagels

Lunch - PB&J sandwich, chicken nuggets, quesadilla, fruit, leftover from the night before

Dinner - veggies (although they've stopped eating them!), they LOVE stuffed peppers so I either make them or buy them, love pasta, chicken nuggets, pizza, hot dogs, sausages, burgers, rice, potatoes (fries or oven baked), roasted chicken....

Snacks - string cheese, fruits, crackers, fruit snacks, cereal

I feel like we keep having the same thing over and over again. I try giving them new stuff, but they won't always eat it.  To my surprise, we grilled out yesterday and made beef yactori (sp?) and both loved it!  Along with grilled eggplant.  So, they do surprise me sometimes!

• Loading the player...
  • Breakfast - Yogurt (Yo Baby with fruits and veggies), Kefir, smoothies, fruit pouches, cereal, pancakes, waffles, mini-quiches, muffins

Lunch - Nitrate free deli meats, cheese, crackers, peanut/almond/sunflower butter sandwiches, always a fruit and veggie (carrots, broccoli, eggplant, cold sweet potato spears, celery, apple slices, berries, etc.), hummus with pita, quesadillas, pasta salad, leftovers

Dinner - whatever we are eating

Snacks - fruits and veggies, fruit leathers, Annie's bunnies, pretzel chips with babybel cheese, popcorn, pirate's booty, dehydrated fruits and veggies, homemade granola bars, muffins, etc.

She sometimes doesn't eat.  I don't make a big deal ot of it when she doesn't eat.  She knows that she will have food at the next scheduled time.  We are pretty routine with eating times. 

• Breakfast - anything from cereal (rarely), frozen waffles, pancakes, french toast, hard boiled or scrambled eggs. Always with some fruit and sometimes yogurt.

Lunch - sandwiches - ham & cheese, pb& j, leftovers... yesterday at daycare they had salad, pulled pork, and rice.  Manicotti.. other pasta always with a veggie.  Tofu, pasta, and veggie.  Sometimes mac n cheese or hot dogs, but not frequently.

Dinner - whatever we are having.. or occasionally things like pizza, fish sticks, nuggets.  Things we eat that they like are beef stew (in crockpot), any kind of soup - chicken tortilla, split pea, chicken noodle, any kind of pasta, grilled chicken, baked pork chops... and always with a veggie and sometimes a carb. 

• Breakfast:  cereal (dry or with milk), yogurt, banana, mini pancakes, waffles, muffin

Lunch: chicken nuggets, fish sticks, mac n cheese, meatballs/pasta,meatloaf grilled cheese sometimes with sliced turkey in it, PB&J sandwich, spagetti o's, beans (he eats them cold out of the can), veggies, cooked carrots and carrot sticks with dip, brocolli with some melted cheese on it, sweet potato fries, cheese quesedia (sp?)  cucumber slices

Dinner:  Actually rarely eats dinner, might just have a bit or two of what we eat. He eats good at daycare so I don't push it. If he was hungry he would eat.   He drinks milk with carnation instant breakfast also. 

Snacks: yogurt (likes the dannon drinkable ones) , fruit cups, applesauce, goldfish, granola bar (loves fiber one bars) cheese sticks, crackers with cheese spread, graham crackers

He is a little guy, but eats pretty well most of the time. Some days he hardly eats and others he eats more than me:)  He isn't picky but you never know what he'll love one day to the next.  He also loves salmon and white fish when we make it.  Actually he loves smoked salmon!  

• They tell me he's a great eater at school.  He's not at home.

Breakfast:  Freezer Pancakes, Freezer French Toast, Granola Bar or Cereal.  He also has a cup of milk. 

Lunch:  Main dish - peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Annie's pasta, whole wheat pita and hummus.

sides- usually 3-4 in lunch - yogurt or string cheese, banana, apple sauce, berries, fruit leather, Annie's bunny cookies, raisins, pretzels, sun chips.  Daycare provides milk/watered down juice.

Dinner - usually his worst meal.  I wish he would eat what we eat.

Main dish - chicken nuggets, hot dogs, hamburger, pasta, eggs, crackers and cheese.

sides- usually just fruit.  He can have one cup of juice, if he wants more to drink, he has to have water or milk.

• Breakfast: fruit (grapes,banana, strawberries, blueberries, apple) + cereal bar, frozen waffle, pancakes, Cheerios with milk, scrambled eggs, egg & cheese on a bagel, English muffin, oatmeal, yogurt

Lunch: veggie (broccoli, peas, green beans, squash, sweet potato) + pb&j or pb&honey, tuna fish, sliced turkey & cheese roll-ups, spinach ravioli, homemade mac & cheese with diced chicken or turkey

Snacks: fruit or veggies, Goldfish, wheat thins, pretzels, yogurt bites, applesauce, puffs, cheese, raisins, mini ice pop

Dinner: Whatever we're having, unless it's red meat...then he has one of his lunch favorites + veggies +cheese.

Drinks: milk or water, occasionally unsweetened iced tea 

• Breakfast: Yogurt with cut up fruit and granola, cereal with milk, pancakes, waffles, eggs of any style (her favorite is poached with toast). 

Lunch: Cheese and crackers with deli meat, egg salad, tuna, peanut butter, or almond butter sandwiches, grilled cheese, nitrate free hot dog, Annie's mac and cheese with mixed frozen veggies, mini tacos from Trader Joe's, rice cake with peanut butter and sliced banana, homemade french fries and corn dogs, leftovers from dinner the night before. She always gets fruit and/or veggies of some kind with lunch. 

Dinner: Whatever we're eating.

Snacks: Annie's bunny crackers or cookies, Target's organic fruit snacks, fruits or veggies with dip, sliced cheese, dried fruits, nuts (cashews, almonds, peanuts, macadamia nuts, etc), pretzels, veggie fries, whatever homemade baked good I have on hand. 

• Some things DD eats that aren't listed above (unless I missed it)

-McCain Smiles frozen potatoes

-Smoothie made from almond milk, bananas, blueberries and spinach

-Instant oatmeal (low-sugar)

-Quorn vegan "chicken" nuggets 

• Breakfast: waffle, dry cereal, pancakes, yogurt and granola, bagel and cream cheese, toast with PB and sliced banana, eggs with cheese and veggies

Lunch: usually grilled cheese or PB&J, turkey/ham and cheese, cheese and black bean quesadilla, chicken nuggets, yougurt

Dinner: whatever we're eating. If he really doesn't want to eat it, he can have fruit or a yogurt but that's it.

Snacks: pretzles and humus or PB, granola bar, cheese, goldfish.

He gets fruit with every meal (strawberries, banana, blueberries, pears or peaches) and I give him raw veggies with lunch although he only eats a little bit of those.

• DS is super picky, and eats practiallly the same thing everyday.  I think he's finally getting sick of it, but he won't try anything else!

Breakfast - cereal in a bowl w/milk, nutrigrain bar, fruit pancake (I make a batch and freeze them), fruit, milk

Lunch - turkey and cheese sandwich (of course he ONLY likes the mesquite turkey from Safeway.  No other lunch meats!), fruit, milk or watered-down juice

Dinner - pasta with butter and parm. cheese, mac & cheese, fruit/veggie, milk, water

Snacks - fruit (apple, grapes, strawberries, orange, etc whatever is in season), crackers, fruit bars

I also give him a Carnation Instant Breakfast in the mornings to get some protien in him (by advice of his Pedi).  He loves his "chocolate milk!"

• I love these posts. Nice to see they pretty all eat the same thing!

Breakfast: Whole grain oatmeal made with milk and applesauce, craisins, very small amount of brown sugar, Waffles, Dry Cereal, Pancakes, Sausage, eggs

Snacks: Crackers, String Cheese, Danimals Yogurt, Cheezits

Lunch/Dinner - Chicken Nuggets, Homemade Nuggets, English Muffin Pizza, Pizza, soft chicken tacos, Turkey Hot Dogs,GRILLED CHEESE, pb&j. DD only eats bananas, apples, and oranges. She loves those cuties because she can peel them herself. Veggies - I offer all - she only eats spinach with cheese. She LOVES grilled cheese sandwiches.

• DS doesnt' eat a lot so I find ways to sneak fruits and veggies into everything I can.

I make whole wheat waffles on the weekend and keep them in the fridge for the week, he loves these!  They are also super for when you are running behind b/c he can just take a whole one in the car.

We make banana bread loaded with bananas and apples and also zucchini bread loaded with shredded zucchini and carrots

He loves spaghetti sauce and we sneak shredded veggies in.  Use it with pasta or do homemade pizza which he LOVES

Goulash: elbow mac, ground turkey, tomato soup, onions, garlic - he's been loving this  lately

Snacks: goldfish crackers, raisins, loves yogurt, various veggies dipped in ranch dressing

• Whatever we are eating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"