3rd Trimester
Options

Baby Name Question - Help!

So we have had our baby boy's name picked out for quite some time--it has been at the top of the list the last few years for us while we were "baby dreaming".  However...I have a step-cousin with the same name.  And he and his wife are also expecting their first child (boy) in April (we are due in June).  My question is...is it OK that we use this name?  The only way I wouldn't use it is if they named their son a Jr.  But if not?  We were never close and I never had concerns about it until I learned they were pregnant also. 

Re: Baby Name Question - Help!

• Options
    I think it is fine. You have to go with your heart on this one, but I would give them a heads up somehow.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I can see why you're having an issue deciding.. I probably would be hesitant too. 

If I rarely saw the cousin, and did not have a close bond with them - I would go for it. Unless it was an unusual name, then it may be a little weird. But if it's pretty common, I wouldn't worry if I absolutely loved the name. (names are hard to love!!)

If you aren't concerned about your child sharing the name with your cousin (which you don't seem to be) I wouldn't worry! Wait it out and see what happens, then go from there. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just name your baby what you want.

Do you see this step-cousin regularly? No? Even more reason to just go with the name. Even if they do name their kid a JR...if you don't see them ever then it's not a big deal.

----------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Visit The Nest!
    ----------
    "Everything happens for a reason"
    ----------
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies!  It is a fairly traditional, definitely not weird or out-there, name. Don't want to share it only because we are keeping it a secret until after the baby is born..even on the boards :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"