Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What can I do for teething while sleeping?

While trying to get my DD to sleep shes frantically looking for something to gnaw on from my shoulder,collar bone to her hand and arm. She wont take a paci. When she doesnt fall asleep w/ a bottle shes freaking out trying to sooth her gums. What the heck can I do? Oral Gel doesn't seam to work and I dont want to be giving that to her all the time. I give her a cold teether before naps and bed but that only helps while she has it. Should I maybe hold a cold one in her mouth?

I just dont know.. ANY suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What can I do for teething while sleeping?

• imagel_elizabeth:
    Tylenol?
    This! Tylenol works wonders!

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

• Loading the player...
  • Her Pedi. said only to use that when its really bad.. I'm willing to try it though. Do you rub some on the gums or give a full dose. also how often do you do it?
  • imageyssej7:
    Her Pedi. said only to use that when its really bad.. I'm willing to try it though. Do you rub some on the gums or give a full dose. also how often do you do it?

I used to give it to my son often when he seemed bothered by teething. Our ped said to use Tylenol for fussiness rather than fever (because I guess they need to learn how to fight fevers off on their own with their own immunities).

No, you'd give a dose. My chart here says 2.5 ML for babies 12-17 lbs. (You can probably find the chart online).

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageyssej7:
    Her Pedi. said only to use that when its really bad.. I'm willing to try it though. Do you rub some on the gums or give a full dose. also how often do you do it?

My pedi says use Tylenol and never use orajel (due to some rare but really bad side effects).  I just give a full dose every 6ish hours if he is in pain/really fussy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:

imageyssej7:

My pedi says use Tylenol and never use orajel (due to some rare but really bad side effects).  I just give a full dose every 6ish hours if he is in pain/really fussy.

Agreed about orajel. It can numb their tongue, which can increase the possibility of choking.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use Hyland's teething tablet...they work like a charm and I save the Tylenol when it gets really bad. My pedi is against any meds, even Tylenol, unless it's absolutely necessary.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Orajel now makes an all natural teething tablets which is what we use.. We just dissolve into a paste and rub on her gums
  • We've always done Hyland's tablets during the day and a dose of tylenol before bed to help them sleep. I don't like to much Tylenol, but at the same time, the LOs and their parents need to get some sleep!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What about something to just suck on - like a blanket or something?

DD is starting to want a security blanket, I bought the Aden + Anais ones because they are really thin.

• imageled2009:
    We've always done Hyland's tablets during the day and a dose of tylenol before bed to help them sleep. I don't like to much Tylenol, but at the same time, the LOs and their parents need to get some sleep!

This! The tablets work great during the day and you can use it pretty frequently since its all natural. And Tylenol knocks LO right out at bedtime, even if her teething is more painful than usual. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"