Babies: 3 - 6 Months

The crib experience

DD has never slept all night in her crib.  She's really too big for the bassinet now and we were thinking about trading it for the cradle but still keeping her in our room.  Last night after bath I nursed her and she fell asleep, like totally zonked out on the changing table as I was about to dress her for bed.  So I thought I could lay her in the crib for a little "getting used to it" nap.  She slept til I heard her whining at 1:30 am!  Problem was she was wearing nothing but a diaper, had kicked the little blanket off, rolled over (for the first time!) to her stomach and was all twisted around.  And freezing cold :( I felt so bad.  I figured I'd totally ruined the chances of getting her back in that crib after all this but as soon as I dressed her warmly and nursed her again she fell right back asleep.  I laid her back in the crib and she slept til after 7 am. I'm hoping she doesn't get some infant PTSD about being a baby ice pop last night and will sleep in it again!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The crib experience

• jb2rnjb2rn member

She will be ok.

I had no plans to put ds into his room until about 6mos but the pack n play mattress sucks so we tried the crib. He likes it from what I can tell, and wakes less often.

try a sleep sack - they are a good way to stay warm, blankets are not good for little ones as it could cover their face.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• That's exactly what I did!  Zipped her up in the sleep sack and she stayed warm - and asleep - the rest of the night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"