LGBT Parenting
Options

lunch for 8 month old

Running out of ideas for our 8 month old twins for lunch

I think we have had enough avocado and bananacado to last us a life time ( not really ) but what are you giving your 8 month old ... My girls love to feed themselves. We are also vegetarians but not opposed to giving them chicken I just need ideas I also like to give them 3 items ... usually one is  cherrios- 

Any help greatly appreciated.
- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/

Re: lunch for 8 month old

• Options

Try other steamed-mashed veggies. I've taken my meals and mashed them up enough so that my little one was able to have some. Just make sure it isn't something they're not allergic to. This is the beginning when they want what's on your plate! 

I've done pasta, other meals (chicken can be pur?ed with some small chucks for the girls). And other tummies. My little guy's favorite? Sweet potatoe fries (from the oven)!  

Mom to a wonderful kiddo. Wishing/Hoping for a second LO.
  • Options

Thanks Mommy bear - we just did the sweet potato fries they did not seem excited .. but i just did broccoli steamed for lunch and they were all over it .. we dont do the wait three days b4 giving them something new any more they are almost 9 months  is that bad? Also we know Melanie is not allergic to anything nore is their donor according to the Donor profile so we have already given them  strawberries and egg yolk and  prolly other stuff that is not recommended  - I dont get the egg white deal - if its cooked what is the problem so we have not given then  Peanuts and egg white and prolly wont  and no honey  but i think everything else is a go Melanie may not agree with me ... so much .. but we will work it out. 

Today was 1/2 piece of string cheese and broccoli and some joes Ohs (like cherrios) and water melon.

i was shocked they love the broccoli 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    peas, tiny pieces of grilled cheese, steamed carrots, tiny pieces of Boca burger, pieces of noodles, sweet potato cubes...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We did baby led weaning so DD always just ate what I ate (with perhaps a bit of moderation).  She really liked the Dr. Preagger's (?) veggie patties that CT turned us onto.  Polenta? We did the pre-made kind that I would slice and bake a bit.  DD could then dunk the slices in marinara sauce.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sweet potatoes have been a hit (just sliced and baked). We're going to try yogurt this week. We've done pureed chicken and they love it (our pedi really wanted us to start meats young) and will probably try strips soon. We'll also try cheese soon I think.

We've only done avocado, bananas and sweet potatoes so far though as finger foods. They aren't quite there with puffs.

• Options

by 8 months we were pretty much giving them anything (except honey and peanut butter). 

some ideas:

- strained soup (low sodium)

- any veggie or fruit

- pancakes/scrambled eggs/yogurt/oatmeal

- veggie burgers

- pasta/mac and cheese

- pita bread w/ hummus

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"