1st Trimester

I can't taste salt

Weirdest thing- everything I eat is tasting so bland and I think it need salt (even though I KNOW it has plenty in it).

Everytime I make dinner I tell DH I think it needs salt, and he just laughs- and says I'm crazy.

I just grabbed a bag of Veggie Straws, and they taste funny- LIKE THEY NEED SALT!! Normally, they are so salty after a few that they dry my mouth out.

I SO didn't have this with my first pregnancy :( I hope it goes away soon, all food is tasting the same to me. Anyone else in this boat?! 

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
<a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view

Re: I can't taste salt

• Sorry, I agree with your husband... you're crazy.  Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Trust me, I feel like it. It's really weird

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Weird! Have you been able to get in enough water? Severe dehydration can do that, but you'd probably know if you were that dehydrated:) Maybe you're getting a cold? That always messes up my taste buds!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Have to admit I'm the complete opposite! I don't like salt to begin with so everything to me is super salty, I even threw away a chocolate chip cookie because the salt burned my tongue!? I mean what is that about! LOL Could be a stage in pregnancy thing. LOL! Seems like everything else is. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm the exact opposite. Lots of things taste too salty to me and make me gag.
    imageimage
  • Werid. Just like other PP I taste salt in everything. I actually made chocolate chip cookies last night because they sounded sooooo good and I kept tasting salt. DH and I went out to dinner the other night and I could hardly eat because everything tasted like it just had salt poured on it.
  • I have the same problem! I'm 13 weeks pregnant with twins. I can't taste salt. I keep asking my hubby if the food has salt. They told me that happens when you are expecting a boy. Who knows lol
  • I have the same thing! Everything I eat just tastes really weird. I hope it goes away!
  • I craved salty items when I was pregnant this last time around with DS. With DD it was sweets. Pregnancy is a trip. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My daughter broke my "saltometer"
    During pregnancy last time, I totally lost my taste for salt. Things that were salty tasted bland, and things that were bland tasted salty. Unfortunately, that didn't go away when she was born. My saltometer is still skewed. Maybe this baby will "fix"'it!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• I have been the opposite. Everything tastes too salty to me. I ate a piece of peanut butter toast and I thought the pb was rotten. Then I ate a cracker that tasted like it was a pile of salt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"