Pregnant after IF

M/S Meds ?

After getting sick once an hour from 2:00pm until after midnight last night, and starting to throw up blood (sorry, TMI!), I called my RE this morning to see what else I can do. Crackers, constant eating, etc, isn't working so well.

They are calling in a z.ofran script for me. Part of me is thankful, part of me feels like I've admitted defeat. I have always said that I would happily throw up for 9 months if that's what it takes to get my take home baby...and I will, if that's what I need to do!

I hung up the phone and burst into tears. I feel like I am cheating by accepting this med. Anyone else struggle with this?

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
<a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view

Re: M/S Meds ?

• ***lurking**

There is no need to torture yourself if something can help you. Take the meds and lose your guilt. You aren't cheating at all.  Just my 2cents.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Take the meds! Dehydration is seriously risky for your health and the baby's and the meds will make you feel better.

I had zofran after my surgery last year and it was some awesome stuff.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh honey I feel the same way.  I am nauseous every day all day and while that thrills me I just can't handle it anymore since it keeps me from eating.  I hope when I go tomorrow they can give me something also.  Don't look at it as defeat, look at it as your doing the best thing for your health and that of your LO.  Feel better sweetie.
    Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ur not cheating, u can't vomit blood!  I actually sold zofran, and it's a safe drug.  Get some relief!   No need to live in hell, when u don't have too.  There are no extra points, for suffering more ;)

Its just the woman's nature to sometimes be a martyr.  No need for that.  Feel better!!!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you ladies. I know I need to do what's best for my health, and especially for my LO!! It can't be good that nothing I ate or drank yesterday afternoon stayed down. Hopefully this will be the trick I need!
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Girl, you were vomiting blood!!!! You are not admitting defeat, you are being smart by seeking help. Your main task right now is staying healthy to keep LO healthy. The meds can only help you do that. Hope you feel better soon!
  • imagevanessagorc:

Ur not cheating, u can't vomit blood!  I actually sold zofran, and it's a safe drug.  Get some relief!   No need to live in hell, when u don't have too.  There are no extra points, for suffering more ;)

Its just the woman's nature to sometimes be a martyr.  No need for that.  Feel better!!!!! 

V is smart.

TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • You are 100% doing the right thing. If you are throwing up blood and can't keep food down, it's better to take the meds and keep yourself and the LO healthy. I'm struggling with the decision right now. I had a few very bad days last week followed by several okay days. If the bad days start to out number the good, the Dr. told me to start taking Zofran.  Good luck and feel better! 
    Aug 11 - Nov11: IUI #1,2,3 & 4 BFN
    Jan 12: IVF #1 - BFP!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • I totally understand how you feel about saying you would gladly barf for 9 mos to get your take home baby, however, barfing that much sucks!  I was there too.  I finally gave in and asked the Dr for something.  You have to remember that not being able to eat or drink can lead to problems.  You're not cheating.  You're doing what you need to do to feel good.  The Dr told me not too worry that the baby will take what it needs and leave me feeling like crap.

He gave me Zofran as well.  It really didn't help me that much.  It makes you very constipated so make sure to eat a lot of fiber and drink water.  For me, the Zofran only gave me relief for about 2 hours and I could only take one every 6 hours.  My sister took a Unisom and 50mg of B6 at night so I asked the Dr.  He said to go ahead and try it.  That worked wonders! 

I hope you feel better!! 

• Don't feel bad at all. It's not admitting defeat, it's helping you feel better. Big hugs!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I couldn't have made it through my first 16 weeks without zofran and phenergan. Take it. You need the relief, and your baby needs you at your best!
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • I have been on zofran for 4 weeks now - since week 8.  I tried to hold out, but it was so bad.  I couldn't keep anything down at all - I was sick all day, I could barely function at work.  I had to do something.  Even with zofran I still feel nauseaus and I still get sick a couple times a week, but I can function pretty well and eat most days.  I have varied between 2 pills a day and 3 (4mg each). but I really need 3 to function best. 

I would take it if I were you.  You can't be that sick - it's not good.  It's okay to take something that will help you.  It's not giving up - you don't need to punish yourself or prove anything.  Taking care of yourself is important.  Hope you feel better soon. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"