Pregnant after IF

Thoughts on this u/s?

Had my weekly u/s with the RE this morning. Baby only measured 5 days ahead of where it was last week (7 days ago). The heartbeat had increased, so that's good. The u/s tech said that **maybe** the yolk sac was blocking part of the actual baby, which could have skewed her measurements.

Has anyone had anything similar? Should I be worried about only 5 days growth in 7 days? I really just want an appointment where I walk out of there feeling GOOD about things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thoughts on this u/s?

• The measurements aren't always accurate... especially early on.  Try not to worry unless the nurse/dr. was worried.  

Good luck! 

dx'd with severe endo and poor egg quality 3 IUIs were all BFN IVF #1 = c/p IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = beautiful baby girl born 2/2011; 8/2011 Surprise BFP - natural m/c at 8w; TTC #2 2011-2012; 2 IUIs = BFN; IVF #1 = BFP 9dp5dt beta = 328; 11dp5dt = 650; 13dp5dt = 1114; 18dp5dt = 4747 BabyFetus Ticker
  • i don't know anything about the yolk sac but i would say try not to worry too much about 2 days behind. my baby b measured several days behind for most of the first tri. but the little bugger is right on scheduale now. i don't think they tend to worry too much unless it is a week or more behind.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekrismott25:
    i don't know anything about the yolk sac but i would say try not to worry too much about 2 days behind. my baby b measured several days behind for most of the first tri. but the little bugger is right on scheduale now. i don't think they tend to worry too much unless it is a week or more behind.

It's not so much the measuring behind as it is that it only grew 5 days in 7 days time. Seems like the growth should be pretty consistent, but maybe I'm just paranoid. Totally possible!

• My RE had a bit of trouble measuring my Baby A for some reason too, he was measuring a few days behind. I wouldn't worry too much about baby being a day or two behind at this point. I know it's tough  though! I hope he catches up by your next appointment to put your mind at ease.
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 2 days behind is fine.  The hb is most important now.  The measurements are a crap stage so early on.  GL!!
  • I was told it's very hard to get accurate measurements this early on, as mm's makes a difference in the placement of the measuring tool. I would say that increased hb is a great sign, and I think you are just fine. I know what you mean though about just wanting to feel good when you walk out of there! When is your next u/s?
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • I don't think 2 days behind is a huge deal, especially since the heart beat has increased.  Like PPs said, the measurements at this point are in millimeters, which means even being a tiny bit off can = a day or so difference.  

FWIW, I didn't start to feel confident leaving appointments until my very last appointment with the RE -- and even then, I was still a tiny bit nervous!

The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemoosegal:

imagekrismott25:
    i don't know anything about the yolk sac but i would say try not to worry too much about 2 days behind. my baby b measured several days behind for most of the first tri. but the little bugger is right on scheduale now. i don't think they tend to worry too much unless it is a week or more behind.

It's not so much the measuring behind as it is that it only grew 5 days in 7 days time. Seems like the growth should be pretty consistent, but maybe I'm just paranoid. Totally possible!

But they are still measuring the growth in millimeters -- which is why the measurements are so unreliable. Keep in mind that even at the end when they do u/s to check on baby's size, they can be off at that point by several pounds -- I can't even tell you how many people I know who were told that their babies would be huge and then it turns out the baby is several pounds less than the u/s tech predicted.   If you're getting a good HB, try to focus on that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I honestly think there is nothing to worry about.  Those measurements can vary by a few days on either side, especially at the beginning.  Try not to stress!
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.