Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What time of day will you have LO's party?

I'm trying to decide what time to have his birthday party, and am curious as to what you all are planning?  Are you serving lunch or dinner, or just snacks and cake?  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What time of day will you have LO's party?

• Options
    We are doing it from 11 to 2. We are serving lunch & cake. We usually do parties more around dinner time but we are having it at a park and daytime just seemed like a better idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're having it at noon til ???? A lot of my family is from out of tow (1.5 hours away) so i'm thinking they'll be sticking around for a while that day. We're serving lunch and cake. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1 pm and we are serving a heavy lunch. I don't think that is normal, but what can I say, we love food. 1pm worked for us, because of LO's nap schedule.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1:00 - 3:00 - we're having a cookout
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was thinking 2pm. Lately he's been napping in the 11:30-1pm range. I think we will serve heavy apps.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

We are doing lunch time. We are having it at our house from 12pm - 3pm. It's mainly adults (family), 2 of mine and H's college friends who live in town are bringing their baby - both have 1 who is about to turn 1.

We will have cake and icecream, of course.

H is doing hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill.
    We have chips to go along.
    I'm doing some salsa and cheese dip with tortilla chips.
    Snacks: chex mix, fruit tray, vegetable tray.
    We will be serving beer - for the non-prego (haha) and the men.
    Soda, sweet tea, and bottled waters.

I didn't want to do too much food and waste money, so I really just sent out an email (yes, I'm that OCD) with foods we decided on and everyone voted - sort of. Whatever they would eat and I really decided to go with what had the most votes.

• Options

1 till ???  Her baptism is from 10 - 11 and she'll nap from about 11 to just about 1.

99% of the guests are from out of town and will be going home the same day so we didn't want to have it too late.  We will be serving lunch (currently we are thinking hamburgers, hotdogs, some sort of salad, chips, and homemade salsa).  Oh, and of course cake!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

we are also having it at a park and it is starting at 1pm.

we are also going to grill, hamburgers, hot dogs etc. 

• Options

We are doing it from 1-4pm. As of now, she ALWAYS has a morning nap--around 10ish and is up at about 12. So earlier than 1 didn't seem feasible. The location is at my parents house, which is 40 minutes south of where we live--so a lot of people will be traveling there. It is in a resort area though, so I am thinking that if we have it until 4pm that will give people a chance to explore and go out to dinner. (shopping, beach, etc) 

Have no clue what kind of food yet. It will be a bigger party because his family is huge--and I know neither one of us will feel like "attending" to the food---so we want something easy. Sandwiches? Cold cuts? Not sure. 

My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    I am struggling with this as well.  Sometimes we go to church on Saturday and some of my ILs do to.  So we are probably going to try for 1PM.  I would like to do 11AM since we are doing waffles and fried chicken....it just seems like it should be served before noon, but anyways.
  • Options
    We're doing it on a Saturday, probably starting at 3? DS is usually napping until 2:30, so I don't want him to be crabby! We are having a BBQ at our house.
    Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are starting at 3pm since it's in our backyard and most of my family goes to parties in the afternoon.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are going to a local pizza place and taking over the party room. We start at 12 noon and go until about 2:30 or 3 when DS will want to nap.
  • Options
    DS is all over the place still with naps but DD usually naps around 1:30 so I planned it around that and did 11a-1p. Lunch served at noon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are going to have it at 1pm till whenver, it will mostly be family and close friends so I figure they can leave as they please, DD usually gets up from her first nap between 12-12:30 so I'm thinking I will let her sleep later and if she is still taking a 2nd nap we will just skip it or if she is tired I can put her down for a nap since it will be at our house in the backyard! We will have a cook out type thing and cupcakes.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I live in Hawaii, and I'm holding my LO's party from 12-6. We'll be having a few family members over for a BBQ with some other food and cake. My dad on the other hand is throwing a huge pool party for him the day after we have his party...
  • Options

12-2. We're having it at a gazebo at a playground/park. 

ETA: We're serving lunch. Sandwiches, fruit and veggie trays, cracker and cheese trays, plus cake or cupcakes. 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    We are having it at 4 pm and it is just family at our house.  It's too hectic to have it at any other point in the day b/c of her nap schedule.  We will be making most of our own food and my mother and MIL have volunteered to make a dish as well. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

2:30-whenever. 

We aren't serving "lunch" but snacks and cake.

I wanted it to be late enough in the day so I could make sure everything was done, and so DD could get a nap in before the party and not be cranky.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    His party is noon until...  He normally naps from about 9 to 11 or 12.  Also, almost everyone coming is family and from OOT (as in flying in for his party).  Its at our house, and we are counting on everyone staying until they need to head to airport.  We might end up ordering in dinner as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"