Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Certified copy of marriage license?

This is prob a stupid question, but how do you get a certified copy of your marriage license? I have the official marriage license and uncertified copies, but I need a certified copy for a passport name change. I am trying to expedite this so I hope I don't need to contact vital records.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Certified copy of marriage license?

• I'm from the States (just live in Canada) and recently did my name change on my passport. I just sent in the original copy. You have to send everything priority mail and that's how they send it back to you so I think it's pretty safe. I got all my documents back at the same time as my new passport and it was quick.

• I only know how it works in Ohio, but I would assume it works pretty much the same way everywhere. You get them from the courthouse where you signed your marriage license. It's much less complicated than birth certificates. When I had to change everything over I just went in, showed my ID, and got a couple copies. They were $3 a piece for certified copies (which seems totally silly since it is literally just a piece of paper they print off right in front of you and then press a seal into it) . If you no longer live in the area, they will mail them to you as well. Hope that helps you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I Bump from my phone 90% of the time, with a baby in my lap, so please excuse my bad format and poor spelling and/or punctuation.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageChinaDoll531:
    I only know how it works in Ohio, but I would assume it works pretty much the same way everywhere. You get them from the courthouse where you signed your marriage license. It's much less complicated than birth certificates. When I had to change everything over I just went in, showed my ID, and got a couple copies. They were $3 a piece for certified copies (which seems totally silly since it is literally just a piece of paper they print off right in front of you and then press a seal into it) . If you no longer live in the area, they will mail them to you as well. Hope that helps you!

This. I live in Iowa, so I'm guessing it's similar in each state. i would google the number and call ahead of time in case you need to bring something special. For example, the courthouse here charges extra if you use a credit card.

• I had to go to the courthouse wher we filed our marriage certificate. 
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we eloped in a different state and I just went online to order them. Go to the "vital records" page for the state where you got married
    4thofJuly2012-cpd
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    after 10 weeks of bedrest for contractions and shorting cvx they arrived at 32 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"