Natural Birth

Spicy Foods and the baby.

I love red pepper and hot sauce, but when ever i have had it the last couple days the baby like a mexican jumping bean. Is it alright to have spicy/hot stuff?

Re: Spicy Foods and the baby.

• Hmm

Yes, spicy foods are fine.  Though you're luckier than I am if you can eat them without acid reflux lasting through the middle of the night.

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not sure what this had to do with natural birth, but yes it is fine. Babies get hints of the flavors we eat through amniotic fluid (and later breastmilk) so eating varied flavors can actually help develop their palates. My 14mo old adores spinach curry and spicy food that makes his eyes water, LOL! He's been "tasting" those things since he was just a little bean.
  • Loading the player...
  • It can give them the hiccups, lol. Alien doesn't get them, but until the acid reflux kicked in, I ate spicy food all the time.
  • My baby girl goes nuts when I eat spicy foods too.  We love it because then DH can really feel her well.  Thankfully no heartburn yet!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have any research or anything but the fact that I'm nine months along and my lil man is doing just fine. I put red hot on everything I can. I love hot pepper cheese and stuff. If you can stand the heartburn go for it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the answers, my frist post and posted it in the worng spot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"