Parenting after 35

OTC Pregnancy Tests & at the doc

Anyone ever get a positive result "6 days early" as some tests now promise?  Or any amount of days before your period?

Anyone every get a negative OTC pregnancy test result but a positive test result (via a blood test) at the doctor?  

Baby #2 is on the way! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: OTC Pregnancy Tests & at the doc

• mwdmwd member

With second pregnancy, I had a negative response 3 days early with an OTC.  2 days later, positive at the doctor's office, for a urine test. 

Hope it works out for you, either way.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There aren't any false positives so I think you should be good!
    Mom of 3 wonderful kids! Claire (6), Alex (4), and Charlie (2). Can't wait to meet our 4th in November! Married to my best friend for 10 years this July! Due November 14th, 2012! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • With my second, I took a home test about a week before AF was due and got a very clear BFP.  My OB's office never did a test as they do a internal US at your 1st appointment.  I guess they may have as I peed in a cup at every single appointment but it was never a big deal as they go by the US for everything.  I didn't see my OB with my 2nd until I was like 10-11 weeks as I assumed I had O'd at a different time that I had - my OB's office doesn't see anyone until at least 8 weeks.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • I got definite BFP's on 2 brands (4 days early), and went to the doc that same day... and their urine test was BFN, the nurse said to come back in a week if AF didn't show, which I did (and I used a digital and a few other tests during that nervous week) and the urine test at the doc's was STILL BFN, so they sent me for a quantative HCG blood test, and my number was over 1500 exactly where it should have been for 5 weeks pregnant. and I'm still pregnant...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"