Babies: 0 - 3 Months

baby acne or rash?

How can you tell the difference between baby acne and a rash? DD started getting what I thought was baby acne a couple of weeks ago. Over the past few days it seems like there is a lot more all over her face and it becomes really red -sometimes after I BF (which I dont know if it is bc of the BF or her face resting on the boppy) or when she is touching her face with her hands.

Does baby acne normally get red like this? She doesn't act like it is hurting or itching her at all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby acne or rash?

• DD's face would get redder when she was hot (like when BFing). I never thought it was something to worry about.

And she is absolutely gorgeous by the way. Congrats.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My pedi said if it was acne it would be on his face and possibly his neck or upper chest.  If it was a rash it would more likely be all over his body (on the stomach and legs).  DS had red bumps on his cheeks and they would seem more prominent when he was eating or hot. The pedi recommended wiping the area with a lukewarm washcloth twice a day and said not to use any soaps or lotions on that area.  It seems to be clearing up now too!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"