Parenting
Options

at what temperature do you give

tylenol or motrin?

99.1 does not seem high enough to me, but am I wrong?

I don't like medicating my kid unless I have to-and this is her first fever!

Thanks again girls!  you never fail to save my ass!

Re: at what temperature do you give

• Options
    According to my doctor, 100.4 and above is a real fever, anything under is not. For me, its usually when she hits 100, but this last cold, I could tell she was really achy too, so I gave it no matter what. I also had the cold and felt awful, so I tried to do what I could!
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options

Thanks! She has seemed ok-ish all day, but I just put her to bed and she seemed increasingly miserable...sigh...poor sweet baby.

I appreciate your advice!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If they're miserable, give it at whatever the temp is. I don't ever give anything to reduce a fever unless they're obviously uncomfortable. A fever is there for a reason, and I don't like to mess with it if I don't have to--it will lower immunity (which I know is something that at least makes sense to you! A lot of people on here don't believe in all that Wink )
  • Options

We usually don't like to give it unless she seems uncomfortable and the temp is higher than 101.

• Options
    If my kids are acting like they feel icky, I give them Tylenol or Motrin.  I don't like to feel icky, so why should they?
  • Options

This is what I do. ?

imagegoodhartedmommy:
    If they're miserable, give it at whatever the temp is. Wink )

?

?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"