Babies: 9 - 12 Months

4:30am wake wwyd

So on most nights DS goes down at 7:30pm and sleeps until 4:30am I give him a bottle and then after like 30 minutes of talking he'll go back to sleep until 7am (but most of the time with me, if i'm lucky in the crib). I'm nervous to deny him a bottle because I think he is hungry he is really active during the day but he also eats a good amount of formula for his age plus solid meals. I just really dislike the hassle of getting him back to sleep, putting him in the crib, and usually an hour later he wakes again to get in bed with me. Just wondering if I should avoid trying to put him back in the crib at all and just cosleep for the rest of the morning, and I just get this general feeling of doing something wrong by feeding him so early because I feel like the only one who still has to give their baby food. BUT is 4:30am even considered a night feeding especially since he has been asleep for 9 hours?

sorry my thoughts are all over the place lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: 4:30am wake wwyd

• Honestly, LO is still not STTN consistently... Its actually hurting us more in the end (we were giving him a bottle around the same time as you because he was waking and after trying different solutions, he wouldn't calm down. I just assumed he was hungry.)

H and I have the hardest time with LO and nap/bedtime because we never did sleep training or any of that - regretting it now big time! Its hard enough to take almost an hour to get him to sleep and then him wake up and not give into anything! I told H I was going to drop the bottle slowly. On a Monday he had the bottle (7oz like normal). Tuesday he had 5 oz. Wednesday he had 3 oz. Thursday he had 1oz - which I thought was a tease, but did it anyways to be consistent. Friday he woke up, but had no bottle.

He wakes up but doesn't get a bottle anymore. It's a lot less stressful, but at least he isn't having a bottle for no reason :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am in the SAME boat as you. My LO sleeps from 7pm - 4/5 am and wakes up crying. I let her fuss but she will not go back to sleep until she has her diaper changed and is fed.  She eats too, its not like she just wants comforting. It kills me when she wakes up at 4 am because I have a very hard time going back to bed and then need to wake for work at 5:45 am.

But I too believe she is truly hungry.  She is hot or miss with her bottles during the day bc she is so on the go in life she can't be bothered lol so I think she desires that AM feeding to get some fluids/energy back into her system.

I will say, my LO does go back to sleep for 2 hours after that feeding though. I am one tired Mommy though and at some point need to break this habit.  

• Loading the player...
  • My LO tried to get up at 4:30 when she was around 4 months old.  I tried ignoring her or changing her diaper if she got really upset (no playing, no talking) and putting her back down instead of a feeding, and it worked after only one or two times.  She's never tried to get up that early since!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • My daughter usually sleeps til 5:30am--however she is up for the day at that time. A couple times in the last few weeks, she was up for the day at 4:30 (not a happy mama!) I would feed, change her and all she wanted to do is play. She wasn't even hungry--she would barely eat then!

Luckily for the most part it did pass--and she went back to her up for the day at 5:30 

My daughter is my hero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"