Pregnant after 35

Nervously (and EXCITEDLY) joining this group!

I am so very surprised and happy to be pg! I have one daughter who is 6 years old. I really thought she was going to be an only child.

I turned 40 in February. My husband is 42. We struggled with infertility from the moment we TTC 9 years ago. We had one pregnancy in 2002 that ended in a m/c at 11 weeks. Following the m/c, we could not get pg for a couple of years. We tried Clomid, injections with IUI, and finally moved onto IVF in 2004. Our 1st IVF cycle only produced on embryo. Luckily, that lone embryo implanted and our daughter was born in 2005.

Since 2005, we have not used any birth control and decided to just let whatever was meant to happen happen. I wanted another child, but did not want to go through IVF again. I had given up hope - until I got a major surprise BFP last week!

I haven't even been keeping track of my menstrual cycle at all. When my period started in Feb, I did notice that meant my period was supposed to start during our March anniversary/40th birthday vacation. I packed tampons with me in the suitcase. When we got home, I realized my period had not started. I tested last Thursday and it was +! I took another test Friday and Sunday and they were +. We were SO shocked and happy! 

I went to the dr for a blood test today. My HCG level was 1334. I am guessing I am about 18DPO.

I am nervous about everything being ok. I really feel like this baby is a miracle. I also am unsure about when to tell people our good news.

Sorry my intro was so long! I look forward to getting to know you all.

Jennifer 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Nervously (and EXCITEDLY) joining this group!

• Congratulations and welcome!
  • What great birthday present! Congrats and welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • What a story! Congratulations!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome!

Everyone will tell you not to be nervous, but I think it's just part of the territory. As for when you tell people - that's pretty personal. A lot of people like to wait 12 weeks. I'm 19 weeks and we still haven't really "announced" it to the world, but all the important people know. We've been telling people here and there since probably about 6 weeks.

Let yourself be excited, you deserve it! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome!!!
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • What a great story! Many congrats! If it was me, I would wait until I was out of the first trimester -- and had done all/any of the genetic testing I wanted to do -- before telling a lot of people.  I told too many people too early during my first pregnancy and regretted it when things didn't work out.  But I would definitely tell people close to you! So exciting! 

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • That is a wonderful story - Congrats!!

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Welcome and congrats!
  • Congrats and Welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome aboard and congrats to you and your family!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Congratulations! 
    ~ Ren, due 8/29 BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"