Trouble TTC
Options

DH's new job = a lot more travel

just venting i guess ...

i'm really excited and supportive about his new job. but i'm also a little unsettled about how this will make our timing that much more difficult :(  i told him i'm buying a new calendar to put up in the kitchen and that he has to start writing his travels down for me. and that (if possible) he should attempt to schedule around my fertile window. we're not exactly sure the frequency, but he's expecting to be on the road about 50%.

any advise from others here who travel (or your DH)?

Re: DH's new job = a lot more travel

• Options

If his travel will be too hard on your fertile window - you might want to consider frozen batches for IUI.  But trying to avoid that, see if he will know his schedule at least a month in advance, and try and decide which months work best.  You may have to take break in between treatment, but there are those of us that have had to do that.  It's life.  Sucks, but you do what you gotta do.  

Good luck! 

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    H travels approx. 3-4 weeks on/1 week off.  We've managed to have decent timing every other cycle even with his travel schedule.  We are relocating from Ohio to Denver so things are a little crazy, but once we get to Denver we will look into getting a little more aggressive with frozen IUI as Katib said.

Photobucket
    married bio

Expecting #2.  Nov. 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DH travels about 3-4 days per week for his job. It is a LOT, and at first, I wondered how it would even be possible for us to TTC with his work schedule, but so far, we have really lucked out and in the last 15 months that we have been TTC, we have hit the FW for 12 cycles.  We are just now at the point of seeking treatment, but I think the previous suggestions about frozen IUI are good, if that becomes a good option for you. 

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"