Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Smash cake question

I have seen a lot of posts discussing which flavors a not ideal for smash cakes- white cake doesn't show up(in pictures), chocolate looks like poop, red velvet is too Twilight. But what what flavor does that leave? Our bakery offers chocolate, white, Banana, or red velvet. In the smallest size. Also are people ordering a 7" cake as a smash cake? That is their smallest cake. It's strange bc in the seven inch cake you cannot get carrot or marble cake and in the eight inch cake you cannot get Bannan or red velvet. But you can get banana and velvet in 7 inch and you can get marble and carrot in the eight inch. Strange right?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Smash cake question

• We are doing a chocolate cake, I don't think it looks like poop.  I am making the cake and the minnie mouse pan I got is about 6 inches.  It's a huge waste of cake considering she'll only eat a little bit of it...but it's worth it for the pictures.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've done smash cakes in white and chocolate cake.  The white definitely showed up in the pics and the chocolate just looked like cake.  I am not ordering my smash cake for DD, because I make giant cupcakes.  If I was ordering it though I would just order the smallest size in the flavor I wanted.  It is a smash cake, so the size really doesn't matter, nor does the flavor as long as your LO likes it.  It's just a cake that is going to get everywhere and be smashed to a crazy mess.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ah, the things we moms worry about.  Rainbow cake is obviously the answer. https://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We did yellow cake, and the pics were fine.

The bakery we used made smash cakes specifically -- basically it was two cupcakes stacked with icing so it looked like a two-tier wedding cake...but very small.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just made my own cupcake cake formy daughter's smash pictures. I used vanilla/white cake and some purple food coloring to make it purple. I used teal icing with pink dots for the top. It showed up great in pictures,

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • I'm making our cake. I'm doing tye dye. It's a white cake. You put the batter into bowls and dye it different colors. Then blop the different colors into the pan. It turns out rainbow tye dye (or whatever colors you use).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"