Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

I am a horrible mom

LO and i were napping yesterday.She fell asleep on me and i then fell asleep. We woke up together and were playing. She was rolling around on the bed, she then  sprung up, and crawled righht off the edge of the bed head first to the floor.... I tried grabbing her. It was like slow motion watching her slip through my fingers... She's ok she landed more on her back. She did a somersault....  She cried. I cried... she's ok i am not...  the GUILT!!! I My stomach still has a knot in it......

anyone else want to share a story so i don't feel so alon...:(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am a horrible mom

• Options
    Last month my daughter rolled off of the changing table onto the floor and grazed a diaper pail and a little waste basket on the way down. The only thought that went through my head as I saw it happen was "Oh God I just killed my daughter!" She cried for ten seconds and then it was like nothing happened. I checked her over and she was totally ok, but I almost had a heart attack!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS rolled off the couch (for the first time) when he was like 6 weeks old.  I freaked!  When I picked him up he was smiling.  Little Sh!t.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At least you broke her fall a bit----it'll be ok.  We've ALL had moments like that--trust me.  ((Hugs))
  • Options
    Mine decided to show she had learned to crawl for the first time last week by crawling off the bed. I literally walked 2 feet to grab a diaper. She landed on a pile of blankets and only cried for a minute but I felt awfu!!! My mom said it happens to many kids which I assume means me and my siblings :)
  • Options

Did you see my post from last week "The worst day of my life"?

DS rolled off the changing table head first.  He's fine, but it really did take me days to get over it.  I know exactly what you're going through.

Don't be too hard on yourself.  We're only human, and after all, we make these babies to be strong!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh my gosh.  If I see one more mother over-guilting herself because her baby fell, I'm going to fund a PSA on TV or something.

Your child is going to get hurt many, many more times in her life, and a lot more than you think are going to be directly your fault.  Some of them she will remember and maybe not let you live down!  No matter how careful you are, you're not going to change that, so you've got to accept it as a fact of life and not beat yourself up over it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

Totally get that it sucks, but my adventurous one has now fallen off of every bed, couch, table, stairs... you name it. 

Couple of ideas if your LO is like mine...  1) I put crash pads and extra mattresses in prime locations, and 2) I taught him how to get down feet first. It takes a little bit of time, but now he can get off the bed, couch, and down the stairs by himself and that's one less thing I have to worry about! 

GL! 

• Options

Pretty much the exact same thing happened to me just the other day. I was not sitting with her however but I was right there. She fell off the bed the same way tumbling on the way down. I thought she broke her neck but she cried and I picked her up and she calmed down in a few minutes. She is fine now. I felt awful, it could have been alot worse. I have also hit her head on the wall walking down the hallway multiple times. Im a horrible mom.

• Options

When my DD just started rolling at 3 1/2 months, I had her on the bed while I was blowdrying my hair.  Well, she did like a triple roll and fell right off. 

She screamed her head off and I bawled.  Luckily DH was home and he calmed us both down.  She was fine.  Kids are resilient and stronger than you think. 

• Options
    ((HUGS)) She'll be ok!  DS fell off the bed when he was 8ish months old. He hadn't shown any interest in crawling but then he saw something on the ground and lunged towards it.  He screamed for 30 seconds (longest 30 seconds of my life), I gave him a bottle and all was better.  While obviously I since have made sure he never goes on the bed anymore, I also know that this was just the first of many times when he'll get bumps and bruises.
  • Options
    Since Nora's been cruising, she's tipped over and hit her head on our floor more times than I can count. :-S
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

ya we have ALL had those moments!

DS fell out of the Ergo, head first on the floor, as I was getting him out around 6 months old. Not my best moment as a mother and he was fine (after rushing to the ER and getting checked out).  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH took DS to the pedi last week and DS rolled off the table in the examining room!! He landed on the tile floor face down. His teeth did hit his gums a bit and I think they're still a little bit sore ;( Luckily  this didn't happen where there was no one around like a public restroom... So they were able to check DS out quickly. DH didn't want to tell me what happened. I did overreact a little bit and gave him a hard time for a few days. I just keep thinking the table at the docs is pretty high up!! DH forgot to bring the umbrella stroller that day and I think if he had had it that's where DS would have been instead. Coulda, woulda, shoulda...
  • Options
    My LO rolled off the bed. Hit his face on the footboard flipped and hit the back of his head first on the floor. It all happened in slow motion like you said. I ran and almost made it he looked like a rag doll. He cried and started hypervinalating and I thought he couldn't breath so I ALMOST called 911. Super scary for me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"