Parenting
Options

**Cooker**

My gf and I took our kids to the Anoka Halloween parade last Saturday - it's a huge parade and they have a carnival, 5K, all sorts of stuff.

Anyway, I was seriously sickened by the costumes the girls were wearing up there.  I saw more skin on young girls than I remember from college parties.  And they were super young, it was disturbing.  We didn't have anything sketchy tonight, just went through about 7 pounds of candy!

Re: **Cooker**

• Options

Ah yeah. A woman who works in my office is from Anoka, and was telling me they're all about Halloween up there. We'll have to check it out next year.

Yeah it's seriously gross how young some of these girls are with their whore costumes. I hate to sound old-fashioned, but my parents would have whupped my _ass if I tried to leave the house in something like that. Even at age 16 or 17, let alone 11 or 12. Ew.?

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome
  • Options

Anoka is a scene.  A scary pro-Bachmann scene. 

I was such an odyssey of the mind nerd that at 11 I was trying to figure out how to make a catapult costume.  At 12 my bf and I dressed up like an old couple in gorgeous outfits from Savers.  I want to protect my dd from wanting to wear a skanky animal costume (at least until she's in college).  Then I'll send her to Morris (like me) and she'll turn out ok :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL...yeah I grew up on a farm in Wisco so definitely no skankiness going on until well into my teen years.

Besides, I had no boobs until age 16, so I wouldn't have been flaunting anything. And, like I said before, my dad would have locked me up in my room. :)?

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"