Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

I saw the craziest thing this morning--I'm shaking!

I was traveling to work this morning on a major expressway---minding my own business when I look over and see a woman hurridly walking along the side of the expressway with a baby--I'd say about the age of my LO (under a year for sure) ---she had just abandoned her vehicle.  The weather was very windy and cold and there was a ton of traffic. 

Again, this is on a major expressway--and I was going like 70 mph and could not stop in time to pick her up or I would have (and have a baby seat in my car).  To get off and get around to where she was at would have been about another 10 minutes--and was so worried about her so called 911 right away.  They thanked me for calling and said they were sending someone right away.  But I'm still worried---did they find her and get her?  Can I call them and follow up????  Is that weird? 

I was shaking.  I wish I could have done more.  Stupid expressway---there's nowhere to turn around.

Re: I saw the craziest thing this morning--I'm shaking!

• Options

Figure out what town you were in at the time and call the police department, they will be able to tell you if they were able to help the woman and child.

I would be totally freaked also!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think you did the right thing by calling 911.  If you would have suddenly stopped that may have caused more problems and actually put her in greater danger.  You should follow up with the area police and just say you want to follow up on it and make sure everyone was OK. 
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That is scary and made me feel a little twinge of anxiety as well.  Good thinking calling the police. I am sure they would give you an update.  Update us as well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"