Trying to Get Pregnant

Anyone else work for an OB/GYN?

Just wondering if anyone can commiserate w/me...most days are okay, but today made my ovaries hurt...or maybe its just the cramps.

However, seeing one cute pregnant woman or adorable newborn is probably the same as seeing dozens each day....right?

Am I bitter?  Maybe a little. Confused

Re: Anyone else work for an OB/GYN?

• I would DIE... I'm so sorry I don't know how you do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh I could not do that. I have a hard enough time with the babies I see daily in dermatology...Forget about what you have to see...It hurts
  • Loading the player...
  • I work in a neonatal ICU.  I see nothing but babies.  Sick babies.  It hurts, but I try to detach myself.  Sometimes it works better than others...
  • Luckily I have an office so I am able to hide when it gets to be too much...usually.
  • Oh gosh!  The NICU is a whole other ballgame...I'm sorry!  I would guess that the worst part is seeing the babies detoxing from an irresponsible mother who didn't want him/her in the first place? Or is there worse?
  • That's good!  It's hard seeing the babies, but I am also afraid that once I finally get my BFP, I'll be a nervous wreck.  I see all the preemies and sick babies and know everything that can go wrong.  That is going to keep me terrified until I hold a healthy baby in my arms!
  • I know what you mean...I don't typically see the outcomes like you do, but I see the terror in the eyes of those women who do get bad news in advance... Sad  I can hardly think about it right now!  How long have your worked in a NICU?
  • imagetheweathermanswife:
    I work in a neonatal ICU.  I see nothing but babies.  Sick babies.  It hurts, but I try to detach myself.  Sometimes it works better than others...

I totally feel you on this one--while I'm not in a hospital setting, I do work with special needs children in preschool/kindergarten.  Right now over half of my caseload is children with autism, 4 who are barely communicative yet.  I have other students with significant physical impairments in addition to communication challenges.  I know that when I finally am KU it will be challegning not to think about these guys and all the unknowns!  I try to detach but I am going on working with some of these kids for 3 years...hard to detach after that long! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I work as a maternity care coordinator at our health department. I see alot of pregnant teens. What kills me is for people who have had children taken by DSS to be pregnant again. The last cycle was terrible. At least I can make my own schedule so that I don't have to see anyone on the days that I'm feeling terribly depressed about TTC. I have high hopes this cycle though!
    BabyName Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC in Aug. 08 Dx PCOS Feb. '09 : 1500mg Metformin and 3 rounds of Clomid = BFNs IUI Nov. 2009 = BFN After Nov. '09 BFN not trying not preventing No cycles since July '10, BFN Sept '10 Oct. 27, 2010 BFP!! Nov. 5th u/s with yolk sac present, Nov. 17th u/s with EDC of July 4th, 2011! Dec. 17 FHT-176 BPM
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageHaysley:
    I know what you mean...I don't typically see the outcomes like you do, but I see the terror in the eyes of those women who do get bad news in advance... Sad  I can hardly think about it right now!  How long have your worked in a NICU?

Including my last semester of school, I've been in the NICU for just under 4 years.  We see a lot of micropreemies (born as early as 22 weeks gestation), babies born to drug addicted mamas, babies with congenital defects, and babies who have a completely normal pregnancy but something goes wrong at the delivery (those are the hardest kids to take care of).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"