3rd Trimester

Another L&D visit early AM hours

Went to L&D for 2nd time in 2 wks.  Got to hospital at 1:45AM.  I was contracting too much again.  On the monitor it was every 4 to 5 minutes.  Ended up getting 3 shots of terbutaline to control them.  They did do a fetal fibronectin which came back negative...so I shouldn't be going in to labor over the 2 weeks.  Funny that it was exactly 2 weeks since my last hospital visit when I had the ffn done.  Happy I was able to leave eventually.  Got home just after 5am.  Still on my terb pills every 4 hours around the clock.  I hope the next 2 or 3 weeks fly.

I have an appt w/ the perinatologist on Monday to discuss when they want to remove the cerclage. 

Re: Another L&D visit early AM hours

• Ugh. those trips are not fun, especially in the middle of the night! 
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Oh dear, hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • terb is no fun at all but it does work. The ffn is a great test. Just stay relaxed and well hydrated. I did notice that within the last week my terb started not to work as well but before then I did a great job at quieting my cervix. I'm right there with you so know that you are not alone.
  • Yikes! I had my first and only contraction so far on Wednesday. I am so not looking forward to having to be on meds- but it's well worth it!  I live on the L&D floor- so at least I don't have to go far! lol

Thank goodness it worked!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"