Babies: 0 - 3 Months

5-6 week old bf babies - poop question

Did anyone else notice a major decrease in poop in the past week or two? DS was popping up to 10 times a day and recently he's been pooping way less and seems to having trouble getting poop out. He turns all red and cries. He ends up pooping about 2-3 times a day now.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 5-6 week old bf babies - poop question

• That sounds like exactly what we're going through now.  He has a few small poops and then a few giant ones in the evening.  It seems like he's working on a poop all day though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have not but my sister did a few weeks ago when her son was around 5 weeks.  Her pedi said it was normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • yep, that sounds like us too.  ryan will be 5 weeks tomorrow and he's grunting a lot more, turning red, drawing his knees up to his chest.  his poops are also becoming a lot more firm.

glad to hear others saying the same thing.

• Yes. DS has been pooping less frequently, but sometimes I swear he makes up for it by pooping in a nice, clean, fresh diaper! Its funny how they tell us how many diapers LO should go through initally, but there is no real number after the first few weeks.  As long as its no more than a few days without a poo, then I think its pretty normal (at least from what I've read).
  • My ped said some EBF babies even  out to pooping only once a day and that's perfectly normal.  My LO, however, is still at like 4 or 5 poopd per day.
  • We are going through the same thing. I think it really frustrates her too - poor sweetie. She'll push for hours!
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Just keep in mind that an EBF baby is just as normal pooping several times a day as they are not pooping for 5+ days. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Yep, we are going through the exact same thing right now.  Glad we aren't the only ones!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My baby is BF and just went a whole week without pooping then went twice in one day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"