Pregnant after a Loss
Options

new here. need advice...

hey girls.  i need some advice or words of wisdom or somethhing....

background info.  i have a 19 month old.  This past summer i lost a baby at 7 1/2 weeks.  missed mc at 10 weeks. 

just found out I'm pg again.  almost 5 weeks.  had my betas drawn tuesday.  they were 530.  then 45 hrs later they were in the 700's,  not a double. 

I know that numbers can do funny things.  other than that this is all new to me.  any insight would be great.  TIA 

Re: new here. need advice...

• Options

Someone send Annabugg the mantras!  I don't have them.

• Options
    Betas double in 48-72 hours, so you still have time for those numbers to double.  Do you have a follow up draw scheduled?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes, tomorrow at 4pm another draw and an us on tuesday. 
  • Options

Here they are

"Today I am pregnant and I love my baby."

"I am pregnant until someone tells me otherwise."

"My past does not dictate my future. A previous m/c does not mean I will have another m/c."

And this is the hardest one: "There is nothing I can do to prevent a m/c from happening. Worrying yourself sick doesn't prevent a m/c. And if (gods forbid) it were to happen again, I know I will survive."?

"Just because something sad is happening to another poster, does not mean it will happen to you." We all know m/c is not contagious!

-- "Hope does not make bad things happen" You cannot ?jinx? your pregnancy by creating a ticker, getting excited, or telling someone. Live in the positive!?

• Options
    imageCrazycrustacean:

Here they are

"Today I am pregnant and I love my baby."

"I am pregnant until someone tells me otherwise."

"My past does not dictate my future. A previous m/c does not mean I will have another m/c."

And this is the hardest one: "There is nothing I can do to prevent a m/c from happening. Worrying yourself sick doesn't prevent a m/c. And if (gods forbid) it were to happen again, I know I will survive." 

"Just because something sad is happening to another poster, does not mean it will happen to you." We all know m/c is not contagious!

-- "Hope does not make bad things happen" You cannot ?jinx? your pregnancy by creating a ticker, getting excited, or telling someone. Live in the positive! 

THANKS!  I needed some positive stuff tonight. 

• Options
    Congrats! after a certain week 5 or 6 (not sure which), the betas become less reliable.?
  • Options

that's good to know.  I swear i feel so dumb about all of this.  i was oblivious with Jordan.  i got pg, heard a hb, had a baby.....that's how it happens, right?  lol 

now, it's all greek to me.

they are also checking my progesterone level.  anyting else i need to have checked?

• Options
    Those are the two biggies with bw - hCG and prog.  Most drs will want anything over 15 for prog.  hCG, like pp said, should double in 48-72 hours.  All of this, however, are just indicators, not predictors.  No bloodwork can tell you for sure if everything is great or for that matter if it isn't.  I'm glad they have an u/s scheduled for you since you are worried with your numbers.  Good luck.  Sometimes I think bw is really meant to just drive us nuts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"