Northern California Babies

Advice Re: Potty training

My nephew is almost 3 1/2 and my sister is having a hard time getting him to go poop in the potty. He knows how to say he needs to go and how to use the potty. She has sat him on the toilet for 20 minutes before and within like 5 minutes he has pooped his pants. She is getting very frustrated because in preschool he is in a class with 2 1/2 year olds because he won't use the potty. In a month they are going to be moving new kids in and his group is going to be moving on. He won't be moving on if he doesn't start. Any ideas or advice for her? TIA!

Re: Advice Re: Potty training

• I'm not there yet so I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to wish you and your sister good luck.  It sounds like its really frustrating. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I find Faith is able to relax more when I am not in the room. She usually pees first and thern I ask if she is done and if she says "no still going potty", I give her a book and tell her I will be back. Often times, I come back after she hollers for me and there is a poop in the potty.

GL to you sis!

• Loading the player...
  • I find that Pel? sits longer if I give him a book to browse through.  He NEEDS me in the room with him but that just may be his age.  I also make grunting noises which prompts him to do the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"