1st Trimester

hcg @5w5d and 6w didn't double in 48 hrs, question: UPDATED

This is my 3rd pg.  1st one was missed m/c and baby stopped growing at 6w3d but I didn't start spotting until 11 weeks.  2nd is now 3.  I had a yeast infection over the weekend and I treated it with OTC medication and ended up with some spotting.  After my 1st appt they did the normal bloodwork and also ran my hcg.  It was 11,713 at 10am on 3/20.  Today 3/22 it was 15,355 at 9am. 

When does hcg normally stop doubling?  I couldn't find an answer other than sometimes it takes 72hrs the further along you get. Right now it is a 120 hour double time.

Anyone have anything similar and have it end up being ok?  I haven't spotted since Tuesday first thing in the morning and it has only been when I wipe.  I was also horribly constipated which resulted in a lot of pushing.

All is well!  The baby is measuring right on! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hcg @5w5d and 6w didn't double in 48 hrs, question: UPDATED

• Doubling in 48-72 hours is normal now, not just later. My beta today doubled in 53 hours. RE said that was great.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagerrcraz7:
    Doubling in 48-72 hours is normal now, not just later. My beta today doubled in 53 hours. RE said that was great.
      I did an online calculator and mine would only be doubling every 120 hours.....
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerrcraz7:
    Doubling in 48-72 hours is normal now, not just later. My beta today doubled in 53 hours. RE said that was great.

I did just find this but mine would still be 24 hrs over the 96 hrs...

HCG Level DOUBLING TIME EXPECTED
    Under 1,200 mIU/ml Between 30 and 72 Hours
    1200-6000 mIU/ml Between 72 and 96 Hours
    Over 6,000 mIU/ml Over 96 Hours

• After a certain point, they slow down a lot.  Try not to worry.
    Married 11-8-08
    DS born 12-10-10
    DD born 11-5-12
    Boy/girl twins arrived 10-10-14!
  • imageWannaBMommy81:

imagerrcraz7:

I did just find this but mine would still be 24 hrs over the 96 hrs...

HCG Level DOUBLING TIME EXPECTED
    Under 1,200 mIU/ml Between 30 and 72 Hours
    1200-6000 mIU/ml Between 72 and 96 Hours
    Over 6,000 mIU/ml Over 96 Hours

The key words are 'over 96 hours'.  And my betas turned hideous around 5w3d (not even close to doubling in 96 hours) - we still got a heartbeat at 6w on the dot with a beta of less than 7000.  Appropriate growth a week later.

Don't stress!  You're reading too much into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"