April 2011 Moms

Another WCM transitioning question...

Ok ladies....thanks for the answers on transitioning a tad early to cows milk...but now I've got another question--

All this time, I had been assuming that when we switched to cows milk, it would be offered to her at the times we would have normally nursed but it seems like, with the more I'm reading, that it's just offered as a beverage during a solid mealtime.  Which do you guys do?  DD still very much so looks forward to and requests (by pointing at the chair we nurse in) her nursing sessions--I can't imagine not offering ANYTHING at those times.  

Our current schedule-

(water offered at anytime during the day from a regular cup that I hold for her) 

Wake: nurse

45min-1hr later: solid foods

Wake from Nap#1: nurse

Wake from Nap #2: nurse

Bedtime: nurse

For such a seemingly natural thing--EATING-- it is NOT coming naturally to me how to feed/offer food to my kid! BAD MOMMA?!?!?

I'm also really wanting to concentrate on transitioning her to more SOLID foods vs baby food purees but am a loss on that as well!!

Any advice is welcome! =)  TIA (again!!)!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another WCM transitioning question...

• We started the transition with her daycare bottles.  For one week she got 75% boob/25% cow, then after she did OK with that we moved to 50/50 for a week.  I only nurse her first thing in the morning and right before bed.  She gets a bottle or sippy cup for her other feedings.

I'm not entirely sure about the switching from purees to real food part because one day my daughter just flat out refused to eat purees or be spoon fed anymore.  So we started offering her what we were eating then. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"