Northern California Babies
Options

Bottle Slings??

My daycare provider, who I *think* is great (offically start next week) mentioned getting bottle slings she saw on Dr Phil to help her feed the 2 babies, she also has 3 toddlers on a full day, 2 - 5 kids depending on the day.  I don't know what to think about them, any advice?  

https://www.bebebottlesling.com/bebe_bottle_sling_faq.htm

I'm thinking asking if she will switch off holding the babies per meal, or should I ask her not to use them?  DS is EBF so the bottle thing is a challenge to begin with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bottle Slings??

• Options
    Ewe, so not a fan of bottle propping. I personally don't think any things like this should be used and a baby should be held and snuggled until they are old enough to hold their bottle on their on. If it were my daycare provider I would ask that she not use it.
  • Options

Zip it!

Only you can make that decision. Personally, I would never be okay with that. If she can't handle 2 babies and 3 toddlers than she needs to get an extra pair of hands or admit that she can not provide the proper care for that many children of that age range (which is fine and normal and means you should be looking for another place.)

Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bottle feeding is a very important time between child and caregiver. It allows them to learn about each other. I would NOT be ok with my caregiver using one of those. Like Amy said, if she can't handle it, she should not have that many kids or should get an extra set of hands.
  • Options
    I think your DC is too young for something like that. ?I would not be comfortable if it was my DC.?
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • Options
    Dr Sears recommends against bottle propping because creates a choking hazard. I wouldn't be comfortable with someone using that because thet have multiple mouths to feed... I'd be afraid of the feeder being distrcacted and not seeing if something is going wrong.
  • Options
    I don't think this is a good idea.  I'd ask her not to use it.
  • Options
    Especially with an EBFer, I'd say no.  Besides the choking hazzard, the propped bottle can continually drip and force a baby to eat more than they want.
  • Options

imageCelyn:
    Especially with an EBFer, I'd say no.  Besides the choking hazzard, the propped bottle can continually drip and force a baby to eat more than they want.

Ditto

I would not be ok with that at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"