Parenting

No one responding to my evite

Last year, DS didn't have a birthday party because no one could come. (age 2)

This year, we sent out the Evite a month before (only a week ago) and his birthday is April 14. I want to plan a big Muppet themed party, but only my brother and his godparents have responded yes. Everyone else has either not even looked at the evite or looked, but not responded. I know he's only three, but do you think mid April is just a bad time because of spring breaks, etc? Or am I overreacting?

When should I start making phone calls? I'm on a trip away the week before, so I have to prepare things ahead of time. Am I being an obnoxious harpy?

Samantha Skye - Aug 30, 2006 AND Maxwell Griffin - April 14, 2009
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: No one responding to my evite

• I usually suck at responding early to those things.  I'd wait until at least April before stressing. 
  • Is there an rsvp date that they missed?  I have never used evite to plan a party.
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally like a snail mail e-vite. It also reminds me of the party because we put them on the refrigerator until the day. I don't think everyone is on board with evites yet! Can you mail invitations?
  • imageHeidisean:
    I personally like a snail mail e-vite. It also reminds me of the party because we put them on the refrigerator until the day. I don't think everyone is on board with evites yet! Can you mail invitations?

I'm one who sees the evite, plans to check my calendar, then forgets about it. Printed/Snail mail invitations I'll see on a daily basis so it's something that I'll remember. 

It's still early so if you have the ability to, I'd pick up some cheap invites and mail/hand them out.  Either way, I wouldn't worry until close to the RSVP date, if there was one, or closer to the party date.

• imageRink08:

imageHeidisean:
    I personally like a snail mail e-vite. It also reminds me of the party because we put them on the refrigerator until the day. I don't think everyone is on board with evites yet! Can you mail invitations?

I'm one who sees the evite, plans to check my calendar, then forgets about it. Printed/Snail mail invitations I'll see on a daily basis so it's something that I'll remember. 

It's still early so if you have the ability to, I'd pick up some cheap invites and mail/hand them out.  Either way, I wouldn't worry until close to the RSVP date, if there was one, or closer to the party date.

I wouldn't worry until April. I also forget about e-vites.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And this is one of the many reasons I hate evites I also think they are tacky. 
  • ZenyaZenya member
    I much prefer evites.  I hate paper waste!  Evite sends a reminder automatically so I bet you will get more responses then.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto Zenya - I prefer Evites too because of the reminder.

I would call/check in with people about a week out from the event. Also, if you noticed that some did not open the Evite at all, I would personally send them a note with the event details. Who knows, it may have gone right to their spam/trash

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Posters really mail out paper invites? I have not received a paper invite for anything other than a wedding in years. 

You should have put an RSVP deadline, otherwise people have until the party date to respond.  

• People have gotten really bad about responding. Just sent out paper invites with a specific regrets only date requested, and seriously, half the people invited didn't show or respond. I would follow up with a phone call the day or two after the date you requested a reply by, or maybe drop them an email.
  • SxiaSxia member

Thanks for your advice, ladies.

Everyone from my friends uses Evites now. The only ones I have to make special calls for are my grandmother. (She gets the Evite, but won't open them because she thinks they're a virus.)

I've been mentioning them in public, though.

Thanks again!

Samantha Skye - Aug 30, 2006 AND Maxwell Griffin - April 14, 2009
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Was it just family or did you also include friends?  When is the RSVP date?  I would not do anything until close to the RSVP date and then I would send out a reminder (evite can do that for and you can set the note and how you want it sent, etc).  The only people I would call are those that don't look at it and even then, I would wait until close to the RSVP date.  I am someone who tries to respond within a few days of getting an invite but I know a lot of people wait until the last min or at least closer to the RSVP date.  I know its hard to wait but if you still have a few weeks before you asked people to respond, it would be nagging to do anything already.  If you are already talking to someone and you know they didn't open it. I think its fine to casual ask if they received the evite but if you know they got it - I would not bring it up.  Not everyone checks their email all the time.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"