Trouble TTC
Options

Intro

I've been lurking here for a while and thought I should finally write an intro. I'm 27 and dh is 27. We've been trying TTC since 2/2011. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001 and knew I might have issues TTC, but didn't want to push things too hard in the beginning. I've been on metformin and progesterone sups since last April. And I tried 4 rounds of clomid last fall. No response. My doses of met and progesterone were upped in January and I was put on thyroid meds to bring me into 'ideal' range. My thyroid is high, but not something they would normally bother treating. I tried one round of Femara in February. Also no response. I have an extremely thin lining, so I'm doing acupuncture hoping that helps.

I finally saw an RE this month. He's great! I'm really positive after having met with him. Unfortunately, my biggest hurdle is my AMH. My AMH is 36! One of the highest he has ever seen and he said that it is going to be hard not to overstim me when using injectibles, but he wants to give it a try. So I'm going back on BCP for 6 weeks to suppress testosterone and then we start in on progesterone, met, thyroid meds, dex and femara and if we need to he'll also try follistim. He gave us a 50% change this will work and 50% change we'll need to use IVF. I have a few tests to get done in the next few weeks and dh is having a SA. Here's hoping I start to get some positive results! I'm really looking forward to being involved in this community of ladies. It's hard going to through IF alone and you all seem so supportive. 

I'm 29. DH is 29. 
TTC #2 since 1/14
DX= PCOS and Annovulatory
Cycle #1- Failed IUI 5/12
Cycle #2- Injectibles and TI- BFP 7/13/12. Due 3/2/13
DS born at 31w3d on 1/19/13
For this Child I Prayed...

Re: Intro

• Options

Have you had an HSG yet? No amount of treatment will work if they find any issues during your HSG. Good to hear your H is getting an SA. Soon you'll have a better "whole picture" of any obstacles you may have.

Welcome and I hope your stay here is a quick one! :-)

PAIF/SAIF welcome
    PCOS-IR / Hypothyroid
    IUI#1-3: 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Welcome:) Good Luck, this a great board to be on when having trouble..I dont know what i would do without everyone on this board. I look to tell the board stuff I would never tell my friends and family. They understand and are supportive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Me: 28 // DH: 28 TTC #1 since 6/2010 Unexplained Infertility Diagnoses HSG: all clear 07/2011 // SA: Great! 07/2011 SHG : everything normal 08/2011 100mg Clomid, Ovidrel Shot, TI = BFN 09/29/2011 unmediated IUI #1 BFN 10/10/2011 taking a break from fertility treatments 11/2011 Clomid 50 mg IUI #2 BFN 03/2012 Clomid 100 mg IUI #3 BFN IVF scheduled for July 2012 08/29/2012 BFP! Beta #1 on 8/29 250 Beta #2 on 8/31-461 BabyFruit Ticker My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having an HSG done in the next 2 weeks as well.
    I'm 29. DH is 29. 
    TTC #2 since 1/14
  • Options

Welcome to the board and good luck with your testing in the next couple of weeks.

I had a thyroid count that was low but not usualy worth treating as well.  I am now on a fairly low dose of meds but I think it made me respond better to the fertility meds.  I was having poor response to femara, but had a pretty good response on follistim.  I hope everything works out for you soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome!  My diagnosis is similar.  PCOS with a sky high AMH.  You can see my treatments  in my siggy but I did 3 rounds of injects and only over responded once.  So, it is possible.  We just did the slow and steady approach.  I had 3 mature follies 1 cycles, 4 follies 1 cycles, and 10 1 cycle.  I'm in the middle of IVF right now.  I had 27 mature eggs retrieved (was just glad it wasn't more) and am now laying in bed with OHSS.  We knew it was a risk if I overstimmed but it will all be worth it in the end if this works.

Feel free to ask me any questions.  Page me or PM if you feel more comfortable.  This group is very supportive and you will learn a lot. 

The tricky think with PCOS is that some don't have issues getting KU and others really struggle.  Just keep your chin up and remember that there are a lot of worse things that could happen than having a high AMH.  Having a really low AMH is much harder to deal with.  That is what I try to remind myself anyway.

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Genmalone, I love your cavaliers! I have one too. 

I'm 29. DH is 29. 
    TTC #2 since 1/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"